BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 54 years young and have been bking since I was about 12 years old. I have recently purchased a pre-owned R 1200R (2007 model) and is very happy with the bike. I got the bike from a dealer in a city named Durban, which is about 850 kilometres from where I live, and rode it back to my home in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga Province. The ride took me just over 9 hours, stops included, but during this trip, I learned a lot about the bike.

It is my first BMW and also my first non-cruiser. I enjoyed cruising a lot, but grew tired of not being able to do twisties without scraping something on the tar, so I decided to get something with more ground clearance and designed for road handling.

People think of the roads in the area where I live (Lowveld) as the best biking roads in the world and there are always lots of bikes around areas such as Graskop, Sabie and Hazyview on weekends, because of the good roads and plenty of twists and turns, which could be taken at very high speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must surely come and visit! I live 50 kilometres away for the Kruger National Park, so I can take you there and try to find the big 5!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts