BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, after much procrastination and test rides of various bikes, i've recently taken delivery of a new R1200R Classic.
One ride was enough to make my mind up; it's so different from anything else, but huge fun! sporty enough for a 50+ oldie like me, without being draped over the tank of a crotch-rocket.

If it ever stops raining, i'll put some milage on it!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! They are truly a tokyo rose in a trailer park. (I think that means they make everything else around just seem inferior)

Anyhow, enjoy your first miles!

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Welcome smithy boy. Glad you took the plunge. When the weather fairs up, you're going to love the Classic. Take her for a proper spin.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
One ride was enough to make my mind up; it's so different from anything else, but huge fun!
Are you sure this is not a re-post????? :D:D

Welcome to awesomeness smithy boy.

Beemer should really consider a change to their slogan on this bike from "the ultimate riding machine" to "the ONE ride machine".:p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ahhh, another convert that had no choice once you rode off on it. The bike does everything well. I commute 94 miles to and from work half the week and a few months ago I did a 2300 mile trip to Canada and back in six days. The bike does both superbly.

Happy riding and most of all, get out there and enjoy her.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that!
I'll try my best!!

By the way, any suggestions for a screen? the sports screen looks fab, but doesn't look very efficient.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like a thorough test for your R1200R Fleuger!
That Canada trip must have been a good shakedown for the bike. I trust you had no issues with her?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps you should approach BMW Hoshilko? I see a royalty payment in the pipeline!!

I seriously don't understand why BMW Don't advertise the bike more. It's a beacon of individality in a sea of similar bikes. . .

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
By the way, any suggestions for a screen?

Fleuger99's got your back. SEX in th' City! (check out Windscreens thread.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts