BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full Akra system and a Hilltop remap...get it done!
It’s an S1000R beater now! Torque destroys the R in the twisties.......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, it is not April 1st. Thought they were done.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Only done just over 900 miles on mine due to lockdown. But so far I find the throttle response and fuelling just fine, and there’s more than enough grunt for me.

With Hilltop there seem to be a lot of happy customers, but also a lot of unhappy customers – dunno what to make of it all.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Nothing beats a proper dyno-tune

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recall reading that Hill top had overstated the gains in torque and HP

no

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I recall reading that Hill top had overstated the gains in torque and HP

no
Grow a pair and stop girly gossiping. Turn up to Hilltops door, talk to the bloke and get your bike remapped, then ride home and find out for yourself. I think the miserly trait plays a role here tbh which is a weak trait in men.
Mpg changes alone make it worth it. You stick with your engine damaging, fuel wasting lean set up .....and I’ll stick with my remap.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ignored

·
Registered
8 Posts
Grow a pair and stop girly gossiping. Turn up to Hilltops door, talk to the bloke and get your bike remapped, then ride home and find out for yourself. I think the miserly trait plays a role here tbh which is a weak trait in men.
Mpg changes alone make it worth it. You stick with your engine damaging, fuel wasting lean set up .....and I’ll stick with my remap.
I’ve had 3 bikes fiddled with via hilltop motors and been very happy with what they have done . No complaints from me
Bmw K1200s two different bikes & Bmw r1200st

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
I wonder whether this pissing competition is due to confusion between their standard, download maps and a proper dynotune remap. The former won’t live up to the latter unless the bike is identical in every way to the bike used in developing the standard map. Hilltop offer both options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Iv met the guy, had polite conversation with him. He never discusses or try’s to destroy anyone’s business or character. He quietly went about working on my bike. His workshop is clean. He’s fine and my bike feels great. I’ll be going again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts