BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wouldn't put cases (and even less, a top case. Ha ha) on my bike, even if free. Heck, not even if I got paid. My ex-RT handled like crap with them (and weaved in fast corners), so used them just once. They made the bike ultra wide too. And a top box would be an even worse choice for me; HATE those things. Ha ha. Plus I always ride solo, so no passsenger benefit. So yes, to each his own :). I'd agree with you if we had a giant duffle bag strapped, and ugly soft bags on the side. But to just pack a water bottle, extra pair of gloves, and an extra liner, and/or rain gear, all you need is a tail bag. And you can go top speed with it, if you wanted.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here are some options

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There are a couple riders here that have them. If I was rich, I'd have one too.
Those are nice, but way too small, brother. I think they're like 9 liters. What's wrong with a nice looking tailbag? You can remove them in seconds, if not used. And hold what I need (the S2 is 16/22). I'm not trying to impress anybody. Or win a motorcycle fashion contest. Ha ha. By the way, there's something I can't stand even less than side and top cases: A tank bag. I like my bikes clean in front of me, especially a naked/roadster. So will continue using a tail bag, which have always served me well, and don't affect the handling of the bike... and to me, look better than any cases/top box :).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No need; I already bought one :p ... and worked perfectly for my needs (Nelson Rigg Commuter Sport (CL-1060-S2). I had it expanded yesterday, since I needed to carry a jumper battery, and winter crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That SW-Motech is nice, but can you ride like that? I installed mine right at the pillion seat seam, and was still uncomfortable, with it hitting (and sweating) my back all the time. So already adjusted it to sit behind the seam, with part of it sitting over the taillight housing, but still fits and looks perfect. I'm just not comfortable sitting more forward; need that space to have a slight lean forward (it's perfect for me), and the seat stop to ride the twisties. It's just about perfect right now. Just wish the seat surface was a bit grippier, like with a texture. But sitting against the seat stop worked perfectly, so all is well :).

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes. You'd think you'd notice it, but unless you're exceptionally large, you really don't use all of the main saddle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm not large at all (5'10" & 162#), but both the seat, and riding position, are more comfortable at the rear of the seat for me. I only scoot forward to touch the ground (my inseam is only 31"), where the seat is quite narrow for comfort IMO, but to each his own, of course;).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts