BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wondering how to remove the windscreen bracket. Obviously it's the center tab that mounts under the gauges I'm concerned about. Do I need to remove the instrument cluster?

Thanks!

Premium Member
I've just removed my BMW screen and the bracket in front under the gauges is just a clip and didn't need removing.

Registered
If it is the sport screen like mine you will have to drop the headlight down to get to the bolts under the gauges. The plastic cover over the headlight pops off of it's rubber gromets easy enough but be sure to lube the gromets with a little white grease or vaseline when you pop it back on to keep from having to force it on. Hope this helps. I love my sport screen , takes the blast off the chest at high speed and is so small you hardly notice it.

Premium Member
Not sure if we're talking about the same bracket. I didn't have to move anything to remove the screen's frame.

Premium Member
You need to drop the headlight, not the instrument cluster to remove the windscreen frame. Be sure to mark the height of the low beam against a wall before you remove the headlight from its bracket so that you can re set the beam when you re install the headlight.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. Indeed I have to drop the headlight. Now if only the dealership didn't torque the **** bracket side bolts so tight..

Premium Member
If you are trying with an Allen wrench, you may find it easier to use a socket wrench with a torx head. You will want those bolts to be tight

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I got them off, there was a lot of blue loctite on them.
Question, do I need to reinsert the bolts even if I plan to run without the bracket/windscreen? I've attached an image showing the exact bolt holes I'm talking about.

Attachments

Registered
I got them off, there was a lot of blue loctite on them.
Question, do I need to reinsert the bolts even if I plan to run without the bracket/windscreen? I've attached an image showing the exact bolt holes I'm talking about.
You better put the bolts back, just in case

1 - 10 of 10 Posts