BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I scheduled the first service for two weeks after I picked it up. I've had it one week and I'm already at 750mi. Even with the cold and rain I just can't stop:drool:. The dealership is 100 miles away. How many miles is too many for its first service? Should I park it until next week:(? If I wasn't worried about this I would probably put another 200 on it today.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Probably 600 to 1000 miles. It's not etched in stone. Call the dealer and move up the service appointment. It's more of a fluids change than a big engine service. Change engine oil and filter & final drive oil. Won't be any need for valve service. Just a spot check. Don't need plugs or air filter. Dealer needs to verify everything is normal during break-in period, just in case you have a warranty issue down the road. Don't sweat it. Sounds like you have really enjoyed it so far and can't stop.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had 1,200 miles on mine when I went in for first service exactly one week after purchase. The selling dealer and the service dealer both said it would not be a problem..........just check your oil level as mine had burned nearly a quart in that early break in period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts