BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,696 Posts
My used 1986 Yamaha SRX6 came to me with a noisy pipe fitted, which was fun initially and looks cool, but I'm now appreciating more the value of the bike's heritage and the ability to be less audible on the road, so am planning to refit the original quiet pipe and reset the carbs to factory settings.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rumour has it that BMW may be making a smaller cruiser with the R9T engine powering it. Now that would be good if it were to come to fruition!

Reactions: Pale Roadster

·
6,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
456 Posts
Rumour has it that BMW may be making a smaller cruiser with the R9T engine powering it. Now that would be good if it were to come to fruition!
Would it be a little awkward having a smaller cruiser that leaves the flagship for dead on a dragstrip? I kind of liked the look of the R18 till I found out they gave it 50% more displacement to yield like 35% LESS power compared to my R.

I also think they are missing a huge opportunity to offer an Earl's fork front end. Hardly davidsons makes big money offering springer front ends from their past, and I bet the old BMW system performs better than a springer or girder, not that it really matters on a cruiser.

·
6,696 Posts
I reckon it’s just idle gossip, Doc.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Banned
231 Posts
sat on one at the dealer a while ago, really didn’t like the footpeg position, pretty tight under the cylinder head and no chance of adding freeway pegs! Great bike other than that and the stock pipes which can easily be replaced.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts