BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Clearing cookies promptly logs you out, at which point you get to start the BS all over again...
True, but any IT troubleshooter will tell you to try that to ensure it's not a corrupted cookie in the cache. When I report a phone outage, they ask the same banal question of if I've checked in-house connections and wiring even though we have a regular history of service outages.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,679 Posts
@sturgeon - you say you need to solve a Captcha 5 or 6 times for a single post. Don’t you have the option to Skip after the first solved one?

·
5,679 Posts
I like the tractor ones ... 🤪

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I don't know how you keep coming back to the site if you have that much effort- kudos for persistence.
Simple answer? I don't post very much any more.

PS I designed LANs and IP networks for a living for many many years. I know how to try accessing the site from different source addresses, and how to try VPN vs no VPN (I have access to one, just don't use it much). I did in fact use my phone as a WiFi hotspot as a test to try a different ISP/source address (phone is miserable to actually post much from). It's pretty definitely something to do with this site; I've never experienced being asked multiple times in a row for Captcha verifications anywhere else. I've complained about this here in the past - the site administrators seem to pay little attention, or if they do, they don't seem to care very much. Others have complained as well.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
True, but any IT troubleshooter will tell you to try that to ensure it's not a corrupted cookie in the cache. When I report a phone outage, they ask the same banal question of if I've checked in-house connections and wiring even though we have a regular history of service outages.
You might be a notary public, but I was an IT trouble-shooter for many years. And actually pretty good at it.

·
5,679 Posts
Maybe the site has an attitude sensor...

(Just kidding 😅)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No longer need to prove I'm human to log into the Forum. Mysteriously has stopped asking to Verify with a Captcha. Yay!!!! 😁

·
5,679 Posts
It turns out the site operators ramp the Captcha settings up or down depending on the rate of spam attack. Apparently their sites have had some pretty high rates of spamming in recent times. We just need to be patient, and thank the nefarious nerds among the world’s population for their interest in our site.

Reactions: basstodave
21 - 31 of 31 Posts