BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delivered yesterday. Traded in my SD GT. Hope to get a first ride today. That battery box really doesn't want a Battery Tender harness in it. Any suggestions on handguards and windscreens would be appreciated. I'm not seeing any screens for the 2020 other than the BMW OEM.

Premium Member
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Whereabouts are you? Post some photos when you get a chance. As a new model you could be leading the way with accessories!!!

Registered
Welcome to the forum Chirp, unless the battery box is a different design a tender lead will fit in but it takes a bit of jiggery-pokery to get it in.

Registered
Hi I'm in, I have a 2015 model and plug my optimate into the power outlet just by the rear seat. As long as it's canbus compatible it will charge through that. Im guessing there is a similar power outlet on the 1250's

Super Moderator
The 1200 LC has a jump start +ve post adjacent to the battery and I assume the 1250 has the same, so you could use that rather than pull the battery to access its +ve terminal.

Registered
Just install a SAE pigtail. They鈥檙e cheap and make it super easy to either attach a trickle charger or to plug something in. Just make sure there鈥檚 an in-line fuse (max 10v) on the hot wire.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Just install a SAE pigtail. They鈥檙e cheap and make it super easy to either attach a trickle charger or to plug something in. Just make sure there鈥檚 an in-line fuse (max 10v) on the hot wire.

Good call. Found one with the fuse next to the plug. On the BT one I tried to fit the fuse was near the battery connector and that's what prevented it from fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts