BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Last Sat while it was freezing I installed the Wunderlich mirror extenders.
Mirror Extender Kit, Black R1200 R 8160447 | BMW Wunderlich America

I installed them more to reduce the vibrations at certain RPM, about 3200 for me that make it impossible to see anything in the mirrors and also to push the mirrors out a bit. This kit raises the mirror an inch and pushed it out 1.5 inches. It took me 15 minutes to install and was very easy.

I took my bike out for the first time in four months on Sat. The weather was in the high 50's and sunny and it was fantastic to be back on the bike. After four months of hibernation the bike started right up. I did have it on a battery tender all winter in storage.

The mirror extender kit not only improved the visibility of the mirrors past my elbows but it also totally eliminated the vibration and I could see all objects clearly at all RPM ranges. I'd highly recommend the product.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the review. I placed an order this weekend and this was one of the items I ordered.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
I'm tempted as my mirrors do blur a bit at speed but as I commute into London I can't really have the bike any wider.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
I make progress when safe to do so. I don't lane split so much on the trunk road into town but once I hit stationery traffic I make whatever gaps are safe.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Only people on Planet California can legally lane split in the states. Except if you are 18 with a Kawasaki Ninja and no helmet, you can do it in any state of the Union but only at speeds greater than 60mph. We have trouble outlawing Stupidity in the United States. . .

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Yuuuup, we get the same idiots over here. I often wonder how they last so long.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Extreme inner fender and throttle lock. I was waiting on the black throttle lock to come in (its new).
I also just bought a product similar to your Extreme Fender, I went with the MudSling. It was about 1/3 of the price of the Extreme Fender and for the practical tasks it serves cheaper is better :)

Which throttle lock did you go with? I have the Throttle Meister and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also just bought a product similar to your Extreme Fender, I went with the MudSling. It was about 1/3 of the price of the Extreme Fender and for the practical tasks it serves cheaper is better :)

Which throttle lock did you go with? I have the Throttle Meister and I'm very happy with it.
I ordered the Wunderlich throttle lock. I didn't like the silver one and emailed to see if the had one in black. As it turns out they were expecting a new one in black this month. So I waited to order it.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I ordered the Wunderlich throttle lock. I didn't like the silver one and emailed to see if the had one in black. As it turns out they were expecting a new one in black this month. So I waited to order it.
Great, thanks SteveK, I want it to buy this item too but was not convinced because of the color.
In the black one, does the moving ring is blue too? or everything is black?

Do you know when that will be available?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great, thanks SteveK, I want it to buy this item too but was not convinced because of the color.
In the black one, does the moving ring is blue too? or everything is black?

Do you know when that will be available?
Hey Hoshiko, The ring is blue. The part # is 8166182. There is very little info listed for the part. However that is the part # they emailed to me to order and they shipped it. The order should arrive Monday :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts