BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This website reminds me of dial up. I have cable internet, but keep getting the message "Page not found' or "Server time out" or something.

Other R1200R sites or BMW MOA all work like I expect. I can't read all the posts or post my own because slow or non connection.

David

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Hi...yes not sure what is the problem, but I find this site really slow to load, unlike other forum sites

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Other R1200R sites................David
Are there others?

If so, could you please post contact details...

Lawrence of Suburbia

Outer Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia

2012 R1200R: Montego Blue with ABS, ESA, RDC, OBC, Puig rear hugger, Eagle semi-touring screen, Stebel Magnum horn, Grip Puppies, ss oil-cooler guard, Abdeckring installed, Wunderlich ‘Trophy’ fairing coming soon… that’s it!

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Patience!!! Everything comes to those that wait. :closedeyes:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
clean your cache, reboot, etc. Speed is fine for me. Not denying your problem, but here it is no faster or slower than any other site.
Using Chrome and Firefox, ATT Uverse

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What browser are you using when experience slow page load?

MD
Community Support
Google chrome book
Some kind of netbook using fire fox both using cable modem limited to 3mps.

Any other computer including the clone desktop at work and kindle fire.

This is by far the slowest site I visit. about 1/2 the time I give up and don't visit or I get a time out error. Other sites are fine.

It took me 3 tries to get to here so I could respond.

I ride a 2012 RED R1200R so I like to hang out here. :)

Must be just me....

·
Administrator
316 Posts
I will see if I can get my tech team to run a report. It may be an external plugin or anti-spam program you may be running that is causing this on your end. I am on FireFox and using multiple CPU to log into the site. I can't seem to replicate this slow page loads.

Maybe go into your browser options and disable all plugins. Then log into the site to see the performance, then one by one start enabling back those plugins until you find which browser plugin maybe causing this effect.

MD
Community Support

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
clean your cache, reboot, etc. Speed is fine for me. Not denying your problem, but here it is no faster or slower than any other site.
Using Chrome and Firefox, ATT Uverse
I agree. I don't have an issue with speed, either at home (using Chrome, with AT&T DSL), at work, or mobile.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cleared my history, no change.

Oh well. I asked.

It seems odd, though when I am waiting it says "Click here to get a premium membership" Why would I support (pay for) the slowest site on my computer? Would this make it load faster?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I cleared my history, no change.

Oh well. I asked.

It seems odd, though when I am waiting it says "Click here to get a premium membership" Why would I support (pay for) the slowest site on my computer? Would this make it load faster?
David, I will actively wager the issue is on your end. I can easily access manuveur access this site with 28.8 bps dial-up. Using dsl @ .95 Mbps this site literally flies. As I live in the virtual middle of nowhere, I have never had access greater than 1.03 Mbps.

I have had similar issues to yours, whereby specific sites did not function - however, most of those non-performing sites were secure financial sites. I did not always solve access issues to these more secure sites.

Keep sleuthing - you'll figure out the issue. Your persistance will be rewarded when you can read R12R effortlessly.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Is it modern day culture that people expect to get something for nothing? This is an excellent site with excellent administration. It doesn't cost many $$$ to subscribe and I think I get value for money with the advantage of me being part of the site.

Please keep it up.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
:iagree:
Is it modern day culture that people expect to get something for nothing? This is an excellent site with excellent administration. It doesn't cost many $$$ to subscribe and I think I get value for money with the advantage of me being part of the site.

Please keep it up.
:iagree:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts