BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been almost 39 years since I last rode a BMW (R60/5 LWB and R90S), and finally after counting the days for almost 12 months the day has come to take delivery,,,,tomorrow.

I'll post better pics than this one taken with my iphone.

New R1200R - light grey, fully optioned, the only way they're sold in Australia these days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Great looking bike! All the bells and whistles? Must be nice. Looking forward to the pictures after tomorrow's pick up. Guess who's not going to be able to sleep tonight.......:devil2:you lucky devil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, you win Frankxoz ;-)
Today I tried a 2007 R12R. In 1976 I bought and rode a R75/6. Sold after only one year because I needed money to travel to India and also go trekking in Nepal. So my wait was only 37 years :)
The ride today was great but I had some trouble with slow speed riding due to throttle response and (what I think) driveline slack.
I am a serial beginner so maybe some adaptation will do it.
Still haven't decided to by just that R 12R I rode today but of course it was the best bike I've ever ridden :)
Wish you all the best with your new bike.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Been 40+ years since I sold my last Norton, haven't been on a bike until last April when I bought my R1200R...
Amazing advancements in technology and design... I still look for the petcock and the kick starter!
And am still looking for my skill set to improve... gettin' there slowly, but then again everything goes slower when you get old...

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Thank you guys, you make me feel young.:001_tt2:

Congrats all on your purchase, what a great bike you choose to come bike to the biking world.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
New R1200R - light grey, fully optioned, the only way they're sold in Australia these days.
Looking VERY good indeed, Frank - enjoy!

Whereabouts in NSW are you?

Lawrence of Suburbia

Outer Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia

2012 R1200R: Montego Blue with ABS, ESA, RDC, OBC, Puig rear hugger, Eagle semi-touring screen, Stebel Magnum horn, Grip Puppies, ss oil-cooler guard, Abdeckring installed, Wunderlich ‘Trophy’ fairing coming soon… that’s it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Lawrence of Suburbia

2012 R1200R: Montego Blue with ABS, ESA, RDC, OBC, Puig rear hugger, Eagle semi-touring screen, Stebel Magnum horn, Grip Puppies, ss oil-cooler guard, Abdeckring installed, Wunderlich ‘Trophy’ fairing coming soon… that’s it!

G'Day everyone and thank you for the nice comments. It's been raining EVERY day including pick up day, and I haven't given her a clean as yet. The forecast is improving, so I'll clean her up and post pics in the next few days.

I'm based in the Central West of NSW - Orange Bathurst area - and yes for those that know the famous Bathurst track the new bike has already done a few quiet laps. It's a public street circuit, so 60 klm/hr speed limit that is very strictly enforced!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Lawrence of Suburbia

Oh yes I forgot to mention, the Clearwater lights will be going on in the next few days as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
35 Years

It has been 35 years since I owned a bike. Started riding a friends bike last summer. By late summer I started shopping for a bike of my own. Always wanted a BMW boxer. October 10, 2012 I took delivery of a 2013 R1200R. Rode all winter. 8 months later over 8,600 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts