BMW R1200R Forum banner

Just bought a 2013 90th anniversary R1200R

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Panzermann 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought an R1200R 90th anniversary! Im in Brisbane Australia, it gets delivered in two weeks.

I've been reading heaps, starting to think of the tools I'll need. Oil filter tool, GS911 for starters.

On the forum, what are the premium sections? Is it worth the subscription? I've searcged for a description but not found. Also how long or what's the rules to be able to reply to for sale threads or post?

Good to meet you all, will post pics and feed back into this community where I can :)

I can't wait to get it and park it next to the R60/5 I've had for 30 years!

#2 ·
Welcome, @spokenoise - many on this forum revere the anniversary edition, so you should be happy with it.
You’ll need a set of Torx drivers/keys/bits - strictly speaking Torx+, but you’ll struggle to find them in Australia and Torx does the job admirably provided you keep some force pushing down on it for larger bits so they remain fully seated. I have a set of keys, 1/4” bits (with a Kincrome mini ratchet, which I love) plus 3/8” drive bits. There’s a ‘touring toolkit’ thread on the forum that provides useful guidance. I supplement my touring toolkit with general purpose tools for all maintenance and servicing.
A GS911 or Motoscan equivalent is essential I reckon. The latter is cheaper if you have an Android device to run the app and provides pretty much the same functionality.
Oh, and get yourself a manual so you’re not guessing. 😄
I’ve been a premium member for so long I can’t remember what difference it makes - I just saw it as a small contribution to keeping this valuable community alive. I don’t get ads - do non-premium members get them?
Once you get to five posts, you’re off ‘probation’ and should have full functionality. These measures are designed to weed out scammers and bots.

#3 ·
I’ve been a premium member for so long I can’t remember what difference it makes - I just saw it as a small contribution to keeping this valuable community alive. I don’t get ads - do non-premium members get them?
Yep - Ads galore for non-premium. They have to pay the bills somehow.

#6 · (Edited)
Fellow Brisbaner here, congratulating you on your 90th Anni. Lovely bike, fairly rare, and although I rather lusted after one when first seeing one I had to content myself with a Classic - but no hardship there! Enjoy it! I have a number of TORX bits/ sockets/ etc that I shall never again need (sob!) :cry:, so if you'd like them - gratis of course - PM me here. I'm in Redland Bay..

#8 ·
#12 · (Edited)
My beloved Shetland Sheepdog is - alas - no more, but I'm always happy to talk about him...

Plant Leaf Tree Felidae Dog

#14 ·
Good-oh! I'll put some contact details on the PM Conversations section here and look forward to your visit. White cotton gloves on-hand...

#17 ·
That 'Rainbow Bridge' tale is a bit of a tear-jerker, innit? If only it were true...:cry:

#18 ·
Dog Pug Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

Henri the 10yo derpy pug says hi!

He's still spritely and chases our 12 yo cat, when she lets him!

Rode to work for the first time, need to tweak the bars and mirrors, maybe some bar end ones with wider view but super chuffed with it.

Super snatchy on/of the throttle, seems common, don't want to fit the 'plug'after reading the extensive advrider thread. Considering the plug in power commander but researching.

Cylinder guards have arrived, GS911 too (what a cool piece of kit!)

TPS don't work, will read more and work out how to trouble shoot.

Happy overall but know it will be far better once it's tweaked to me!

#19 ·
TPS don't work,
I assume you mean Tyre Pressure Sensors (RDC) rather than Throttle Position Sensor.
I’d expect the sensor batteries are flat. With the tyre off (or at least both beads broken) the sensors can be removed and the batteries replaced. Jaycar has solder tabbed batteries that will fit. Search the forum - there’s a thread.
New sensors are speedy and you’ll need to use a wake-up tool and then use the GS911 to code them in. Battery replacement requires none of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.