BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer delivered it, then it snowed the next day so only got a short ride yesterday, but as the weather improves in the Phila area I will be adding miles soon.

Traded a 2010 Concours 14 that was fun, but heavier and taller than I was comfortable with. This BMW is 200 lbs lighter, with a slightly lower seat height so I can flat foot it.

Just joined the group here so hello to all.

Ross

Premium Member
Ross, don't get too eager and go out in the snow if you don't have to. The roads will still be there is a couple of weeks.

Premium Member
Traded a 2010 Concours 14 that was fun, but heavier and taller than I was comfortable with. This BMW is 200 lbs lighter, with a slightly lower seat height so I can flat foot it.

Ross
Hey Ross, congratulations on the purchase.
Soon you find out that the bike is 200 lbs lighter but because of the boxer engine, it feels way lighter.

I'm coming from an FZ6 which is slightly lighter then the R, but I felt the difference right away, love the R, I think looks as good as performs too.

Premium Member
pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could answer your tail light question, but I don't know what last year's looked like. The rear turn signals look like a standard incandescent bulb, but the tail light??

Registered
Your tail light probably doesn't look like this?

This is part 63 21 7 713 302, which I retrofitted a couple years ago. Think it appeared initially on the K1300R/S. There's a new standard LED tail on the 2013 spec sheet released last week, including on the R12R, so wondered what it looks like. Max's parts fiche says mine was superceded by another LED tail (63 21 8 526 958). Maybe that's the one on the spec sheet, or maybe they haven't arrived here yet. No big whup, just curious. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts