·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The Youtuber loves the peg placement- it would kill me

·
Registered
581 Posts
US Dealers have now started receiving units for test rides. Going to go "kick tires" soon.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
456 Posts
Maybe Max will open up for tire kicking after the election, if I'm lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Unimpressed
That seems to be the general consensus amongst test riders. They aimed it at the middle-aged HD audience when it should have been aimed at the more "mature" end of the spectrum who want good ergonomics, handling and braking, manoeuvrability and a fuel gauge.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
456 Posts
I believe from the pictures that the rider position is noticeably further back than current R bikes. And the foot position will be way milder than my R's was. I never liked the lay back recliner HD setup. And the 1st pictures I really liked. BMW remembered they had a history of their own! (Never liked the 1200C).

I thought an 1800 boxer would be at least 140HP and a staggering torque figure, like Rocket Three territory.

I see the latest pictures have ot dragging it's belly like any cruiser, and I don't think I can forgive 91HP from nearly 2 litres.

I was thinking V Maxx slayer, BMW was thinking fatter Bob:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,841 Posts
What's the idea of building a Harley beating cruiser without cruise control. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That seems to be the general consensus amongst test riders. They aimed it at the middle-aged HD audience when it should have been aimed at the more "mature" end of the spectrum who want good ergonomics, handling and braking, manoeuvrability and a fuel gauge.
I'm guessing the reviewer didn't run the tank down to reserve. My lowly R9T Scrambler has no fuel gauge per se, but a warning light comes on at 'reserve' (I think around 25% remaining), and that also triggers a countdown R trip meter that shows estimated km remaining (or miles for the heathens). I've never missed having an actual fuel gauge. Especially given the spotty record of fuel strip failures on older R1200Rs 🤣 I'd bet the R18 also has that same feature, with a special tripmeter counting down at some fuel level like 3/4 empty.

As for the R18, it does nothing for me. But that's true of pretty much all cruisers. To each her own.

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,841 Posts
Went to the dealer to see one yesterday, wow it a long bike, bigger than most fuckin Harleys, probably got a turning circle wider than our roads. The fit and finish looked good but I left thinking that's a bloody big bike, almost a foot longer than my other bikes.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Test rides available here now. I won’t bother.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts