BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a thread somewhere about the Klim Outrider pants and, as a result, ordered a pair. I've always been an "all the gear, all the time" rider and it can be challenging finding gear that is comfortable in hot weather and has good functionality for everyday life. I have a lot of Aerostich gear - a couple of well-worn Roadcrafter suits and a couple of Darien jackets and pants - it is great gear: very durable and water resistant and it's great to wear for longer days on the bike when the weather is iffy or variable. I have ridden through torrential downpours wearing the Gore-Tex Aerostich clothing and stayed dry and warm and I have great respect for their design and manufacturing capabilities.

I have also had good luck with BMW clothing and I have a couple pairs of their pants and an Airflow jacket. The BMW clothing, too, is well designed and generally well constructed.

So - what is it about the Klim pants that I found intriguing? Other reviewers compared them to double-front Carhartt pants, so they are more like work pants or casual pants and they don't scream "motorcycle pants". They're a heavy cotton/nylon blend and they're not the least bit water resistant, so they're going to breathe well and will have a softer, more comfortable hand than a Cordura nylon pant. They have hip and knee armor, so they have a reasonable level of protection. They have good pockets - deep front pockets like a pair of jeans, a right rear hip pocket with a flap and snap closure and a left hip pocket as well. There's a pocket on the left leg that would accommodate a flashlight or something of that nature. The knee armor can be removed or adjusted in the external pocket without removing the pants. Now that I have worn them on a couple of rides, I've found that they're very comfortable to wear both on and off the bike, not hot (mine are a kind of khaki color) and that the pockets work really well. At $136 from Klim and even cheaper from other vendors, I think they're a pretty terrific deal, too. Fit is best described as generous - I wear 38/32 pants and the 38" waist is decidedly comfortable and the length is perfect. They fit over boots well, but would be too bulky to tuck in. Highly recommended!

Sleeve Beige Khaki Human leg Fashion accessory

Brown Sleeve Beige Khaki Rectangle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a pair of these same pants and really like them, though I'm sorry to say I paid much more than you did ($180 USD). Really appreciate that I can ride to work in them and not have to change once I get there, as they're still a bit more dressy than a regular pair of jeans. They fit nicely over my Forma Eagle boots, and have adequate protection for my short (12 mile) commute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a pair of these same pants and really like them, though I'm sorry to say I paid much more than you did ($180 USD).
Yeah, sorry about that, but I think even at that price they are a decent deal. They're pants that you can wear a lot on the bike and they should last a long time. I have clothing that has a much worse cost/benefit ratio, even at that slightly higher tariff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts