BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a "lamp" error code on my 2012 R1200R. On startup no error after about a minute up it pops. I've checked all bulbs, taken each one out reinserted and don't see a problem. It does have after market HD headlight bulbs, but I didn't get the code for the first few months of ownership. I was wondering if this could be a battery problem, lo longer able to take a full charge. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe now that the HD light is getting older it is giving an incorrect resistance after the minute.
I'd agree. A bulb is probably on its way out. I had an old Audi A4 that had the headlight warning lamp come up on the dash, a few weeks later the bulb blew after flickering for a few days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its probably the rear light, then the brake light is lighting half way so the rear light keeps working. Change the main bulb at the rear light, then its fixed probably.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A bulb often forgotten is the one to light up the number plate ... a "Wedge" bulb I believe

Attachments

Reactions: Rocky
1 - 6 of 6 Posts