BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't on my R, but it is an example of a rock bottom Amazon LED flood light. I plow snow with my personal truck, which is a crew cab Ford Super Duty, so 21' long. I don't do commercial just my own, some neighbors and friends and family. When you have a plow you have lots of friends. So I need powerful lighting for backing up in inclement weather. I have two of these, $15 each delivered.

Due to the narrow street I live on the drivers side (pictured) has been run into snow banks dozens of times, broken off the stock metal mounts twice twisting the housing, and torn out of the zip tie mounts three times. Yesterday the most recent. I didn't notice and drove to my parents to plow (12 miles round trip) got gas, ran errands at three stores and finished the neighborhood. Didn't notice it was dragging on the ground by the power wire till I got home from the supermarket later that day. Total drag by the wire distance about 20 miles at up to 50mph. Just this time. It's fine, still brighter than my headlights. It's 5 years old now too.

Just food for thought if you wonder how tough those cheap Amazon Chinese lights can really be. I already have a smaller more attractive set to go on my R when it's warm enough to spend the time out there.

I did put the time in to install them correctly.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, ban posts about inexpensive yet durable, rugged and bright auxiliary lights. Think about the feelings from us that installed motorcycle community recognized status brands.
I looked at those too, and they are very attractive lights. Pretty is expensive, I'm too ashamed to even calculate the per pound cost of my front carbon fiber fender, so I just enjoy the way it looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts