BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did not mean to offend any of you, so let me try this again:

Hi, I'm Brian. I don't own a BMW bike - hence the NotABeemerGuy moniker. I actually own a Road Star and I am upgrading my suspension. I am doing what they call the RoadWing upgrade, which entails retrofitting the adjustable monoshock off of an 01-17 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing onto the Yamaha Road Star. Now, the preload adjuster on the GoldWing is a pump. This works great on the pre-08 RoadStars, but on the Fuelies (fuel injected models), there's no room under the seat because now we have an ECU. So to get around this, we look for the Remote Adjustable Preload off of the R650's, R1100's, R1150's, and R1200's.

And that is why I am here, and what I am looking for. I'm not spamming your fine forum, I am just looking for a part that even BMW does not sell without buying the whole damn shock. I have my own opinion of BMW's but that's due to 2.5 miserable years with a 2005 X5. Just figured you folks would offer the best access to parts for your bikes. It's what we do over at www.roadstarclinic.com

Hope you don't find offense in anything I have said, or my reasoning for visiting. I won't really hang around much, as other than the love of having our knees in the breeze, I don't know how much we'll have in common. Just looking to the "experts" for a solution to my problem!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Check beemerbpneyard.com

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Walking and typing on the phone without my reading glasses... LOL!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Put in a request for notification, as they get parts in all the time. Also, use RealOEM.com to find all the bikes the part numbers you want used that part...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts