BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received my lowered shock from WILBERS!! (The new shock lowers bike 30mm). Since my bike has handlebar risers and setback, we didn't have to send in the forks......hubby just slid them up approx 1". Being vertically impaired at 5'5" and built "solidly", being able to reach the ground with more than just my toes, was nearly impossible. Now it isn't!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally received my lowered shock from WILBERS!! (The new shock lowers bike 30mm). Since my bike has handlebar risers and setback, we didn't have to send in the forks......hubby just slid them up approx 1". Being vertically impaired at 5'5" and built "solidly", being able to reach the ground with more than just my toes, was nearly impossible. Now it isn't!!
How did that affect the already too long side stand?

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did that affect the already too long side stand?
Good question. Before we even got the shock, hubby cut, welded and painted the kickstand to make it shorter. He is going to have to do it again. I hate that stand! 🙄

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good question. Before we even got the shock, hubby cut, welded and painted the kickstand to make it shorter. He is going to have to do it again. I hate that stand! 🙄
You're not the only one that is disappointed with the factory kickstand :)

You might consider installing shorter, thinner Puig footpegs to gain a little more leg clearance at low speed and when stopping, make it easier to get on the bike like a horse, and buy back some of the cornering lean angle clearance.

·
Premium Member
2015 BMW R1200R
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You might consider installing shorter, thinner Puig footpegs to gain a little more leg clearance at low speed and when stopping, make it easier to get on the bike like a horse, and buy back some of the cornering lean angle clearance.

Was wondering, there are a few puig footpegs available. Which were you specifically referring to if I may ask

1 - 6 of 6 Posts