BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Anyone have these on a 1200 or 1250R? Wondering how they fit.
I've had a set fitted on my ‘17 R12 LC for a couple of years now. Beautifully engineered and fit perfectly.

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Here is a couple of pix I took a while back.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lee F and Dougl

· Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a VStream shield and am not sure these handguards will fit. This shield mounts much closer to the rider than shield mounted to the stock bracket.

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I can take some pix of the handlebar mounting points on the side of the rider side if you think it might help.

· Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can take some pix of the handlebar mounting points on the side of the rider side if you think it might help.

From the left side would be useful, thanks. How far forward from the bar does the mounting bracket with the handguard attached go?

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
lefthand side - the handlebar outside edge to the handguard outer edge is 85mm. The Centre of the handlebar to the handguard's outer edge is just 100mm.
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Vehicle

· Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
561 Posts
I have a VStream shield and am not sure these handguards will fit. This shield mounts much closer to the rider than shield mounted to the stock bracket.
I was considering these hand guards before going with Wunderlich. If you have bar risers that bring the handlebars back (not just up) there might not be enough space between the gas tank cover and mounting bracket at full lock. I think these would work better than Wunderlich for wind/rain deflection due to larger size and enveloping the palm.

· Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was considering these hand guards before going with Wunderlich. If you have bar risers that bring the handlebars back (not just up) there might not be enough space between the gas tank cover and mounting bracket at full lock. I think these would work better than Wunderlich for wind/rain deflection due to larger size and enveloping the palm.
Interesting. They suggested that I would need bar back risers to allow the hand guard to clear my VStream shield.

· Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
561 Posts
Interesting. They suggested that I would need bar back risers to allow the hand guard to clear my VStream shield.
that might very well be the case, just consider how far up/down you can turn the handlebars with the hand guard brackets installed. When I had HeliBar risers, for my seating position I had to bring the handlebars down quite a bit. Ultimately, I decided against MoMa hand guards in favor of Wunderlich due to much longer than stock HVMP bar ends.

· Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that might very well be the case, just consider how far up/down you can turn the handlebars with the hand guard brackets installed. When I had HeliBar risers, for my seating position I had to bring the handlebars down quite a bit. Ultimately, I decided against MoMa hand guards in favor of Wunderlich due to much longer than stock HVMP bar ends.
They actually suggested I get the kit for the GSA because it includes 1 1/2 “ bar ends. Wouldn’t this move the whole assembly to the outside? I don’t get what this has to do with the bracket that mounts to the bars.

· Registered
135 Posts
They do look very nice, but I'm personally not a fan of polymer based handguards for true crash protection if that's what you are looking for. I think these are great for wind and rain protection if that's all you want. For true crash protection I prefer something like the Tusk D Flex Pros that have a beefy aluminum bar behind the removable plastic shields that also come in various colors. Also much cheaper but not as cool looking. I think Machine Art does a great job on industrial design. All their stuff looks very nice to me. The Tusks have more of a dirt bike look to them. The stickers do come off easily. I have them on my DRZ 400. Tusk D-Flex Pro Handguards | Parts & Accessories | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC .

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I installed the MAM guards and they fit with the VStream shield.
Keen to see a photo...

· Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Very neat @Dougl

Reactions: Panzermann
1 - 19 of 19 Posts