BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since we are all fans of the bike, here it is on the snake (Mulholland Highway, Southern California). this turn has photographers and videographers every saturday/sunday taking photos so you'll see all the bikes taking this turn. me and the "R" are at 2:41 of the video. enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Nice, do you know the bike before yours?? sweet

Guy at 2:19 hahahahahaha I didn't know they can actually turn

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a retro kawasaki before me but not sure. it's interesting to see people take that turn, some see it as a track, others respect that it's a road, others don't know what they're doing :)

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Yeah, I rode the trike with my dog that day out.:alucard:
Nice video rebobd. Sure do wish I had that kind of weather year round.
You looked real smooth. Keep it up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks clem, i ride up there alot so i know that curve pretty well. smooth is always the goal, fast or slow, smooth is right.

·
Registered
800 Posts
how many do they pick out of the guard rail with a pitchfork every year? At least it doesn't look like the Dragon where cops are waiting with EMT's on every curve to scrape up.

And more important, who's the girl in the pink pants? Curve looks like lots of fun...!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
how many do they pick out of the guard rail with a pitchfork every year? At least it doesn't look like the Dragon where cops are waiting with EMT's on every curve to scrape up.

And more important, who's the girl in the pink pants? Curve looks like lots of fun...!
Lol, youtube has lots of videos of crashes on the Snake.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that curve with all the photographers brings out the worst in many riders who push it to look like rossi on that turn. i for one don't want to be the guy who goes down for the world to see so i don't take that turn super fast, ever :). not to say one day it won't be me, but not because i'm trying to scrape the cylinder heads for the photo, lol. girl in the pants is one of the regular photographers up there. nice lady. in general it's alot of fun and a good community but there are a fair share of knuckleheads and too many crashes. i especially like the guys on sport bikes wearing tank tops and sneakers/shorts. that gets me every time. what the.....!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts