BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 BMW R1200R
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it few times, did not pay attention to it, but now I am convinced that my handlebars and top of the forks are tiny bit misaligned to the right. I can clearly see that when riding in a straight line. It is fairly easy fix on paddle bike 😉, but can I correct it somehow on the RR? I would assume I might have to loosen some bolts to do that, but which ones?
I was looking into BMW service/repair CD, but couldn’t find any reference.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
651 Posts
The bars shouldn't be misaligned, as that would indicate a twisted fork...

Using a straightedge, set the straightedge along the bar clamps. Check to make sure the bar itself is evenly curved on both ends (tips should be the same distance away from and at the same height as the straightedge.) If the bars ARE straight, then the upper and lower triple clamps are out of alignment... and therfore putting some twist into the forks themselves.

To realign them you would have to loosen all the clamps on the fork tubes, the front axles, and the head nut in the center of the top triple. That is also going to loosen the steering head bearing, though, so resetting it will be required.

I'm not even sure the top triple CAN go on crooked, though, I thought it was indexed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,730 Posts
Note, @r0ckrat , that the poster has a Telelever model rather than conventional forks as fitted to your Roadster.

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try loosening the top triple station tube clamps. Center the bars. Torque the bolts down and take it for ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts