BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my new headlight. I went crazy and ordered the Motodemic adaptive one, super expensive, looks cool to me. I haven’t really tested it yet other than driving around town in lit streets so can’t yet give a definitive opinion on the improvement over the original lamp (it was cracked too). Thought you guys may want to see how it looks on the bike which was something I had trouble finding pics which showed that before making the purchase decision.

LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM

This is the light beam it throws out, testing it in my yard. Pretty dark night. The wall is 12 meters away.
LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM

This is what a proud R1200R owner looks like next it...

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
317 Posts
How does it play with the canbus, or is that not an issue on your year?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike has the CANBUS system and it seamlessly accepted this lamp. I believe Motodemic has that issue sorted out as you’ll be asked to specify which bike will take the lamp.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
317 Posts
Looks like they don't yet offer anything for the LC models. Perhaps they don't think people will want to change to a round headlight on them. Probably haven't been following the headlight threads on this forum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like they don't yet offer anything for the LC models. Perhaps they don't think people will want to change to a round headlight on them. Probably haven't been following the headlight threads on this forum.
Call or email, & ask.

They also support custom headlight conversions, and the owner could probably sell you the stuff to roll your own, or tell you how likely one of their custom kits for a different model would be to work, and what to do if it didn't. It might help if you took photos of you headlight connectors.

I installed their kit on my '07 in late 2019. I'm happy with it. I was considering selling the bike and replacing it with one that had cornering lights, but I chose the Motodemic kit instead.

The canbus thing for my model year is dealt with via ballast resistors they provide, fastened to the back of the headlight assembly. For models with stock LED headlights, I wouldn't expect ballast resistors to be necessary.

They build the kits around JW Speaker headlights.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
davidji; if you don't mine, what was the cost of the headlight package? Would you please post some pictures of the install?

I have a 2007 as well.

Thanks

Stay safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are definitely on the list, it really just comes down to getting our hands on one (either borrow or buy). We are in the middle of some new product development that is targeted directly at bikes such as the LC models.

davidji; if you don't mine, what was the cost of the headlight package? Would you please post some pictures of the install?

I have a 2007 as well.
How about a video :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I SO wanted one of these adaptive headlights on my SV650... Looking forward to what you come u with for the LC.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
317 Posts
They are definitely on the list, it really just comes down to getting our hands on one (either barrow or buy). We are in the middle of some new product development that is targeted directly at bikes such as the LC models.

I saw a headlight for Indians on your site that looked quite like my 2020 headlight, honestly lots of owners would like to swap out for a round unit anyway. I could go either way, or even consider a dual headlight set up like a Speed Triple.

For me, if you offered a light with the canbus solved I can build my own bracket/mount setup.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
@motodemic, enjoyed learning about your company from OP's post and your follow-up video for an easy install; will definitely upgrade to this lamp when the time comes. Thanks.

Ride on!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Thanks. A little pricey for Ms Filterfool right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered mine during holiday season, it was on sale.
recommend waiting for holidays, keep checking their website till you see promotion.
beats paying full price.
it's expensive because of the custom adapter they had to make to fabricate for the led lamp so it's quite literally plug and play.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found a used one on ebay a year ago for my Thunderbird Sport. It was around $110. which I now appreciate as the amazing deal it was. It also spoiled me for paying 7 times that for my R bike.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts