BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the mudguard extender installed. Ride planned for tomorrow. Pretty straight forward install. Got it from Ol' Norman. Affordable farkle.
MUDGUARD EXTENDER - R1200R 2011 on (including 2012, 2013) (EXT-054190) - Nippy Normans
YouTube video shows install tips. A DIY project for any experience level.
The fender extender "hat" for the pooch was funny.:clap:
I used a 1.5mm drill to open the pilot holes for the 4 screws.

Green painter's tape is cheap, protects rims against scratches, and doesn't leave a gummy mess.

Hoping it adds protection on the front of the engine for the oil cooler, exhaust, and oil filter.

Will also be trying out the new Power Distribution Module by Rowe Electronics. PDM60
Web site design
http://www.nippynormans.com/products/r1200r/item/pdm60-power-distribution-module-row-pdm60
No more fuse. No fuss. ADVrider guys have many posts about them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have put these Fenda Extenda things on the last few bikes I've had. Doing a test fit makes it easier. Placing little piece of wood behind the bike fender as you drill protects the tire and snugs up the piece as you make the holes. Making your marks with an awl or other sharp object will keep the drill bit from drifting out on the curvy shiny, fender. You can even be a fussy Gus like me and paint or mark over the screw heads. The neat end result is much less dirt and debris being kicked back at the oil cooler and bottom of the bike and you never even know the Fenda Extenda is there. Now if they did something like this for the rear......

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
You will be surprised after a while at how this little piece of plastic will get quiet thin with the road garb thats thrown at it. On the r1200r I opted for a radiator guard instead, I cut it from some guard stuff you buy for a car, so its not a expensive after market option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts