BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. So far have been all good !! No issues to report and hope it'll stay that way.

TBH, the performance of this bike is more than what my skills can fully use. So there hasn't been a feeling to modify something that I won't really benefit from. I knew I was already starting with a pretty good platform. It has proven to be more than enough bike for me.

This has left me to modify the looks a little. My theme has been 'Roadster' from the start...

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your comments fellas!

It is the sport seat @ 840mm / 33" high. I altered the rear seat by removing the foam + reskinning it for looks. The two sections didn't sit flush afterwards, so I stuffed some microfiber towels under the front seat foam to even it out. I'm a little guy at 5' 7", with a 29" inseam. I can get half of both feet on the ground but from seat to pegs it feels better. There is a lot of, "to each his own" going on with seats, etc...

I don't think I paid extra, as it was on the bike when purchased.

Font Violet Gas Midnight Electric blue

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being a total rookie, I originally didn't even realize I had the sport seat...:rolleyes: I went back to the dealer and sat on a 1250R with a 'regular' seat. More of a 'crouch', but a better fit to the ground for me. Not sure I'd prefer the extra knee bend. Just a guess though.. I'd think one cannot move around as well as the sporty one. It really comes down to 'different strokes'...

Symmetry Font Electric blue Pattern Circle

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the sport seat is 840mm from the ground, according to the specs. My shorter stature requires I scoot all the way forward, not back. I can't reach the bars comfortably if I'm too far back.

You could remove the seat cover and shave the foam yourself. I don't think that'd be too difficult to try.

My comfort level is fine with this one. Very subjective statement though and doesn't really mean much..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still have the original bars.. I see that BMW offers a 'sport' bar, which is half an inch lower, according to their website. Other than that I don't know of anything else or I've never searched for clip-ons or such..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I was doing the maintenance, I hooked up Motoscan to reset the service interval. Upon checking the various devices I noticed I had some trouble codes. They all cleared without issue. I started researching what the DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) stood for. I read a statement from @Panzermann which was, no list existed from BMW Motorrad. Is that still the case?

I never had a CEL or anything but I'm definitely curious what is going on and why I have error codes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just searched using "B7F71D" and this came up in Adventure Rider on a 2020 1250GSA. These are the same 3 codes I had. Answer found thanks to you !! ....Much obliged again Mr. PZmann !

Question:

MotoScan Info Trouble Codes
"Today I observed 3 "unknown trouble codes" popped up under "info trouble codes" on my 2020 R1250GSA. Normal trouble codes are all clear. The codes are as follows:
  • B7F71D
  • B7F606
  • B7F71C
Does anyone know what these mean? "

Answer:
"Those 'info trouble codes' can be ignored.
They are what BMW call 'shadow codes' or shadow fault memory. They are no longer available for viewing in BMW dealer level software but are collected for FASTA data transmitted to BMW AG.
Often the data gives recorded values of running procedures etc. that are logged. These values are not for diagnostic determination."

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Being that the cost of the GS-911 is roughly 10 times the cost of MS, and I already had the specific Bluetooth adapter needed, it was an easy decision to go MS initially. I figure if I need more help/advice there's enough help here that I hopefully can figure out how to fix any potential mech/electrical problem. As long as it can be ID'd. We'll see, but hopefully I won't have to find out..lol.

No doubt though, I'd love to have the best diagnostic tool available. Just not sure I need it yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts