BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is that the OEM sport seat? Never realized it was angled upward towards the rear, and flush with the pillion seat. That seat is supposed to be extra, right? My HP came with 'tall/comfort' seat standard, which is perfect for me. No way I'd like having a downward slope towards the tank, but glad you like it.
Hey, I highly recommend the X-head protectors for the heads; they look OEM, and would prevent damage to the heads on a fall. I have the same 'theme', with zero crap in front (nav cradle removed, with polished OEM Torx bolts instead, no windscreen, no nothing), black Akra Ti can, and lots of cosmetic upgrades, also including removing the ugly reflector below the license plate. Need to take a picture of mine too :). Welcome.

Reactions: tima

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought it was only shaved in the front (also for better ground reach), but if you scoot rearward, the seat would be flat. But maybe not. My seat is almost perfect, but wish it was just a hair more 'shaved', as it started bothering my inner thighs a little after my first long trip when seating all the way back. But the second time it didn't happen, so I was happy. I like to corner aggressively, but I just move my butt a little bit side to side (if at all), which is all you really need on the street, especially on a 500+ lb bike. My knees stay in place, plus I'm not that flexible, so even if I wanted to push them out, I doubt I could. Ha ha. Oh, and my bike has a lean angle meter, so now I know exactly how much I have left (50-deg is pretty much the limit). Wonder if the sport seat is even more comfortable than the high/comfort 820mm one standard on my bike, since the sport is 840. Is it? If not, no way I'd even consider it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd convert the RS to R bars. Ha ha. For me, nothing but a truly naked bike now. It's so nice to have clean air from the neck up, with no turbulence-induced deafening noise, even with earplugs. I absolutely don't mind the wind everywhere. I can travel 80+ mph for hours without fatigue, so don't really need any wind protection. And since I never ride in the rain on purpose, or in cold weather, don't need it for that either. Hope to keep the R for a long time :).

Reactions: joe4702

·
Registered
326 Posts
OBD-II codes are just emissions related codes, so basically just powertrain codes. Some readers also can read ABS and airbag codes, but they have to have that capability. Any other module requires a 'specialized' code reader, like GS-911 for BMW bikes. I don't know if that 'MotoScan' qualifies as one, or just a partial one. But my take is if you're serious about having the best diagnostic tool possible, just buy the GS-911. It's more expensive up front, but you could sell it for at least 75% of its price, so at the end, it'd probably be pretty close to anything else, and a much better tool. It's not nearly as user friendly as I wanted to be (still need to d*ck with the damn thing to make it work with my computer), but the main reason I bought it is to be able to use it on the road, and it works fine (in D2D mode). And also to reset service warnings, which I had to do with the cable, since I couldn't get it to work with Wi-Fi (will try again at some point... if I feel like it. Ha ha).

·
Registered
326 Posts
The problem is you don't need it until you do. Ha ha. I haven't needed it either, but if I ever do, it'll be there :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts