BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1250RS his and hers
902 Posts
Thanks guys.

I was thinking the same thing about the front fender! That picture sure opens up a lot of potential ideas. I'm going to have to look at that pic some more...
I would keep the accent small like you did on the engine spoiler.

Reactions: MGL and tima

· Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Update pics..

I used lacquer thinner to clean up the engine spoilers, it worked well.

Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

I started with one can of TUD white, but it wasn't enough to get the right shade.

Since I had a little blue left, I went for the front fender. I noticed from the side the tank cover's blue stripe looks curved. But it's actually a straight line! So I made a straight line on the fender too!! It looks curved from the side...

The shade is a little light on the fender blue stripe. I ran out of blue, so need to go back and add some more.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Edit: 11/16/22

I unfortunately have to report that the spoilers came out like crap using the TUD paint. I'm not exactly sure what happened but it was unacceptable. I cried as I cleaned it all off again...lol.

Not wanting to waste money on another attempt, I went ahead and used the Walmart gloss white. It obviously doesn't match but it's fairly close. I'm not fully enamored with the look but will try it out for a while and see if it grows on me... it has been somewhat frustrating but still an enjoyable experience for me.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

21 - 33 of 33 Posts