BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clap:as told by my dealer, is on the ship and on the way from germany.......I cant f$^&*%&***( wait!!!!

will keep all posted with pics once it is in dealer..

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Great! We share your enthusiasm. Many members are eager to see one on the street. Hope you have a good camera, and I don't mean a cell phone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
:clap:Congrats, I like the colours on the 90th anniversary bike.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I don't know which is worst, waiting for the bike to arrive or having the bike and not being able to use it because of the weather. Spring is only a few months away.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats!! It will be here before you know it. Please post some pics.

Being in Florida you don't need to wait for Spring to go riding, lucky bugger!! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the congrats all! THe bike is being shipped to naples , florida, so for all of you that know south florida, where should my first trip be....besides home to ft. laud.

p.s. also, during the break in period, any thing i need to be aware of ,,,or is that old school, the break in period, that it.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
BMW advises RPM limits for the first few hundred miles, after that, ride it like you stole it. The first 600 mile check up is mostly to change the oil and dealer give it a close look-over. No valve adjustments necessary. Costs vary on this. You're gonna love the bike!!! As for your first trip?.......
How about Seattle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
You're gonna love the bike!!! As for your first trip?.......
How about Seattle?
I second that.

And disagree on the cellphone pictures, I'm not a professional photographer or anything like that but, I'm actually impressed with the quality some cellphone's camera have.

My experience with iPhone 5 has being so good that I rarely take my Nikon D200 out of it's bag.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great! We share your enthusiasm. Many members are eager to see one on the street. Hope you have a good camera, and I don't mean a cell phone.
Nothing wrong with cellphone pics if you get a good camera app. I took these on my iPhone with Camplus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the congrats all! THe bike is being shipped to naples , florida, so for all of you that know south florida, where should my first trip be....besides home to ft. laud.

p.s. also, during the break in period, any thing i need to be aware of ,,,or is that old school, the break in period, that it.

Did you get the bike?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Clem, you know how to cut to the core of me!!

+1 on the Nikon, I am still getting acquainted with my D5100 but even on auto it is slightly better than my old cell pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts