BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R1200R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Navigation holder came with my 2010 r12002.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Auto part Gas

I use my phone for navigation and Spotify. I was thinking about cutting the wire and splicing in a USB power port or standard 12 volt accessory port mounted on the handle bars.

Is the wire just switched 12 volt + and - ?
Any issues or concerns with this idea?

I saw some phone holder adapters for some of these holders. I am not sure if they work for my holder? Anyone use something like this?.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It is not just 12v+/-

There are signal lines to integrate with the wonder wheel on the left grip.

I don't think those holders will work with your cradle, as they are designed for the Nav6 cradle, but you could look on AliExpress for your model year.

Instead of cutting the wire, see if there is a "repair plug" available for your model, and unpleg the cradle from the harness, then sell the cradle. It will sell pretty easily on ebay, and will fetch much better pricing with the plug intact...

·
Registered
2010 R1200R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I see my part number is 77 52 7 721 940. Looks like one sold recently on eBay for $150.

When I remove it, do I need the repair plug to drive the bike?
Or does the repair plug optionally give me 12 volt output from where I unplugged the navigator cradle plug?

·
Dave in NE TN USA
1,641 Posts
Those four button mounts are nice and may be becoming unobtanium. They plug right into the BMW wiring harness, work with Nav IV thru VI, are great for bikes w/o a whiz wheel, and great if you have an older & newer Beemer and want to swap one Nav between them in five seconds. FWIW I recommend not hacking it up.

Best, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts