BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
529 Posts
The replacement they sent me a month ago is a refurb with a new battery. Need to do some cold weather rides to really test it out. Kept a copy of all the paperwork just in case.

They screwed the pooch on the Nav VI but are standing behind it so far, rare these days.

Cheers! Dave
Same here:refurb with a new battery. I appreciate the fact that they are standing behind it, however, you kind of expect a higher level of quality (and testing) from a navigation system exposed to potentially extreme environmental conditions. Let alone the price tag…

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,931 Posts
I never had a screen protector (couldn't see the need for one). It seemed to act up more when it was very cold.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My Nav VI Replacement of the replacement developed the same problem with very moderate use... Called Garmin, is sending me a refreshed version of the unit, Garmin ID 010-01054-58. They say it will take care of all my problems, LOL.
Just for reference, the unit (which is being replaced) is 011-04105-27.

Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my unit replaced today, it lasted ok in the summer months, soon as winter started comig it started the glitching. in my case soemthing between n touches, ghost touches and/or jsut crashing to a test screen.
local reseller / bmw dealer replaced on the spot so thats good .

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've received a replacement unit. So far so good... it wasn't all that cold in the month of May, so too early to say how the replacement would hold-up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've received a replacement unit. So far so good... it wasn't all that cold in the month of May, so too early to say how the replacement would hold-up.
I have had 4 Nav 6 replacement with the last being in July 2022. This has lasted about 2000km before the inevitable gosting issue. Sure BMW replace the unit but often it takes 2 months or so, leaving no easy access to navigation or bike variables. Also the annoying need to drop the old unit off and later to pick the new one up. Ok perhaps to need one replacement, but for 5? Frankly BMW and Garman are acting irresponsibly, by continuing to send out known faulty units.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My 3rd Nav VI just developed screen ghosting issues. Being replaced by Garmin, again. Annoying, to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
I've only replaced one Nav unit on my ‘17 LC but my replacement is starting to randomly turn off/on so will not be long before a second replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,931 Posts
I've only replaced one Nav unit on my ‘17 LC but my replacement is starting to randomly turn off/on so will not be long before a second replacement.
My replacement has started to do that too, Mike. Rare occurrence, but I’ll keep an eye on it. At least it does come back on of its own accord.
Keep us posted.

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
529 Posts
I noticed that this issue is happening in colder climates more often than in warmer climates. Also, my last Nav VI stopped responding to touch inputs altogether...

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
782 Posts

My Nav V would do that from time to time. It was never a problem because the reboot did not take long.

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
My replacement has started to do that too, Mike. Rare occurrence, but I’ll keep an eye on it. At least it does come back on of its own accord.
Keep us posted.
That's exactly what mine is doing, PZ. It's not enough to be an issue right now but if it becomes more frequent, I'll put a claim in for a replacement.

·
Registered
2020 R1250 R
19 Posts
I have to say, this issue is going to influence my next bike purchase. I don't have any issues with my NAV 6 for now, but I'm considering adding a R1250GS and am worried about it dying and being without nav on 2 separate bikes that share my NAV 6.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have to say, this issue is going to influence my next bike purchase. I don't have any issues with my NAV 6 for now, but I'm considering adding a R1250GS and am worried about it dying and being without nav on 2 separate bikes that share my NAV 6.
I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Although not perfected yet, BMW connected app has a decent navigation module that displays navigation guidelines via the TFT, as well as voice prompts if you have a Bluetooth helmet connected to TFT.

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,931 Posts
That's exactly what mine is doing, PZ. It's not enough to be an issue right now but if it becomes more frequent, I'll put a claim in for a replacement.
Mine has settled now and all working fine again.

·
Registered
2020 R1250 R
19 Posts
I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Although not perfected yet, BMW connected app has a decent navigation module that displays navigation guidelines via the TFT, as well as voice prompts if you have a Bluetooth helmet connected to TFT.
The connected app isn't even in the same universe compared to the pure functionality of the NAV 6 (when working). I don't think Garmin would even replace mine as I'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The connected app isn't even in the same universe compared to the pure functionality of the NAV 6 (when working). I don't think Garmin would even replace mine as I'm out of warranty.
Even if it's out of the 5 year warranty I would still ask.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would still give Garmin a call in case if you are having an issue.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The Nav 6 had had a lot of repeating issues. Garmin might replace it. No harm in asking.

I’ve had 3 replacements so far. Current one has held up.

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
Mine has settled now and all working fine again.
How strange mine settled and I didn't have an issue on way down to the Island.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts