BMW R1200R Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250 R
19 Posts
I agree with everyone on at least asking if the time comes. I hear about some on their 3rd, 4th, units and it makes me think. I guess I've been lucky thus far.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Off hand, I don’t remember each time I had to get a replacement. I know that one time it was because the unit was acting as if it was possessed…responding as if I was entering commands when I wasn’t. Another time, the data port stopped working, and since that prevented plugging into a computer to troubleshoot, they just RMAed me a new unit. Although, to be fair, I might have been using an incompatible data cable (damn Garmin and their proprietary hardware). I got a replacement cable and had to mark them with paint so I could easily distinguish them from other look-alike cables in my house.

In the second return, the Garmin support lady admitted the initial release of the Nav6 was plagued with issues, and they were having to remanufacture the returned units to correct the issues. A real bad QC oversight on what should have been their flagship GPS. I suppose that’s why they were unphased about doing yet another replacement for me.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts