BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nav V with case,OEM cradle and original BMW mount included. $300 shipped. Loaded with latest map.

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me. Have owned Nav IV, V and VI. Nav V & VI both work with BMW whiz wheel. Nav V almost as good as Nav VI, just a little slower, dimmer and with a few less options that many won't need anyway. Used Nav VI probably set you back $700 or so if you can find one. My Nav V never had battery problems like my (and many others) Nav VI did either. Good luck with sale!

Cheers, Dave

Reactions: slowpoke

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
My Nav V never had battery problems like my (and many others) Nav VI did either.
Nor screen malfunction issues ...

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can transfer the lifetime maps with this unit. I have done it in the past.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This unit works with the wonder wheel on the R bikes. This unit is $1000 new.

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
Pains me to say it but sometimes there's no buyer on this fine forum when you're trying to sell something, no matter how good your product or ad or price is or how broad its appeal normally is. I had a decent pair of saddlebags for sale here for a decent price with a decent ad with pictures for quite a while before I finally put them out on Craigslist (I know, I know!) and they found a buyer one state over. You might give that a try. FWIW I'd buy your Nav V in a heartbeat if I needed it. Good Luck!!

Cheers, Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
@asparaguspee, you’d likely need to pay for Garmin’s data as the lifetime free updates are normally only for the country of purchase, but Open Street Maps data for Garmin is comprehensive and available free. US may be more generous though.

Not sure if it has speed limit data though (although you’d be game to trust what the GPS says anyway).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks @Panzermann . The BMW app shows speed limit on my TFT and seems to be mostly accurate. I do use the turn by turn navigation but would prefer a 2nd screen for that.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
Austrailia map is $159U.S. dollars from Garmin. This would still be a great deal. Let me know if interested so we can work out the details. Thanks and enjoy the ride!

Reactions: asparaguspee

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was supposed to say $159 dollars not 15. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts

Reactions: asparaguspee

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pains me to say it but sometimes there's no buyer on this fine forum when you're trying to sell something, no matter how good your product or ad or price is or how broad its appeal normally is. I had a decent pair of saddlebags for sale here for a decent price with a decent ad with pictures for quite a while before I finally put them out on Craigslist (I know, I know!) and they found a buyer one state over. You might give that a try. FWIW I'd buy your Nav V in a heartbeat if I needed it. Good Luck!!

Cheers, Dave
He should try the Adventure Rider forum. (I see it's down for maintenance today)
https://advrider.com/ Go to Fleamarket then Parts.
On that site the V usually sells fast when priced in the $300 to $350 range.
$300 shipped is a good price especially since he's including the factory lockable cradle.

Reactions: slowpoke
1 - 13 of 13 Posts