BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R1200R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

I need to buy new tires for my R1200R 2013 Classic. I have now the Michelin Road 5 and I'm pretty happy with them (but I do not have a lot of experience since the bike is with me only 6 months and have ridden it for 3000 Km)
I would like to have an 80/20 tire like the Michelin Anakee Adventure, but my mechanic told me it doesn't comply with the Load capacity and Tire speed rating)
Have any of you installed 80/20 adventure tires in an R1200R and can recommend or not recommend it?
Recommendations for Sport touring tires will be welcome too since maybe this is the right choice for this bike and looks have a less priority

Thanks, Ivan
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2014 R1200R Dark White
7 Posts
Hi to all

I need to buy new tires for my R1200R 2013 Classic. I have now the Michelin Road 5 and I'm pretty happy with them (but I do not have a lot of experience since the bike is with me only 6 months and have ridden it for 3000 Km)
I would like to have an 80/20 tire like the Michelin Anakee Adventure, but my mechanic told me it doesn't comply with the Load capacity and Tire speed rating)
Have any of you installed 80/20 adventure tires in an R1200R and can recommend or not recommend it?
Recommendations for Sport touring tires will be welcome too since maybe this is the right choice for this bike and looks have a less priority

Thanks, Ivan
View attachment 116763
When I went across country via Pony Express trail, I put on Continental TKC 70s. They were excellent off road while still making highway travel no bad at all.

I'm 100% street now, and just put on Continental RoadAttack 4's after wearing out RoadAttack 3's. They are amazingly sticky. First set of tires I've balanced where I almost didn't need any weights at all.

Reactions: IvanSan

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm just ready to put another set of the same tires on my '11 Classic: a Trailmax Mission rear and a Shinko705 front. Dunlop doesn't make a front tire in our size but the tread pattern on the Shinko is very similar. I got over 10k miles on the last set and put them on thinking they'd wear at about the same rate. They did. I can corner hard when I want and never found a need for more traction with these tires.

I live in a rural area with a lot of dirt roads I like to be able to explore. I don't ride 2 up and never ride above the ton so neither of your mechanic's concerns apply.
By the way, I've been to a few BMW rallies this summer and I've had the only classic at any of them. We're just plain special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts