BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not yet an R12R owner but it's on my short list. Live a few forwatd passes from the stadium in Foxborough. The R12GS is also on my list and it may be more appropriate to my 6' 3" height, 31" inseam and 275# but I would appreciate any comments about the bigger rider and the R12R.

I've browsed for awhile and this looks like a great forum. Thanks ... RL

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not yet an R12R owner but it's on my short list. Live a few forwatd passes from the stadium in Foxborough. The R12GS is also on my list and it may be more appropriate to my 6' 3" height, 31" inseam and 275# but I would appreciate any comments about the bigger rider and the R12R.

I've browsed for awhile and this looks like a great forum. Thanks ... RL
Welcome and don't hesitate to buy your bike ASAP lol! I am in Norfolk, just a few minutes ride from Foxborough stadium myself.

I guess there are two questions that come to mind. Are you planning on riding off-road at all? If so then the R1200R is probably not the bike for you. Also, I strongly suggest you go ride both bikes and see which one fits you best.

Late in 2011 I went to test ride the F800ST which I was all but certain I was going to buy. Seeing I was there I also test rode the R1200R. Five minutes into the R1200R test ride I knew that was the bike for me. In my first year with the bike I put on a few miles shy of 10K miles and I absolutely love it. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offroad. As a matter of fact one of the things that intrigues me about the R12R is the Metisse R1200 CR conversion. Made in Germany so they don't come cheap but the cafe racer first appeared during my generation and I still find them very appealing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No offroad. As a matter of fact one of the things that intrigues me about the R12R is the Metisse R1200 CR conversion. Made in Germany so they don't come cheap but the cafe racer first appeared during my generation and I still find them very appealing.
That thing is gorgeous, but I wouldn't want to ride very far on that seat! I'm waiting for warmer weather to stick a Wunderlich cafe fairing on my '09 and get some of the looks without losing comfort (I'm getting too old to work at riding, lol).

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
It's a pretty bike but I'm not going to buy something I have to have scoliosis to ride. I've reached an age where I want motorcycles and women to actually be kind to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts