BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totaled my GS some time ago and am now happy owner of 2018 R, who shall be known as Rooster. Love this bike. Have been riding going on 58 years. Anxious to hear what y'all are doing with this wonderful motorcycle. Hey to "Mexican".

·
2,967 Posts
Totaled my GS some time ago and am now happy owner of 2018 R, who shall be known as Rooster. Love this bike. Have been riding going on 58 years. Anxious to hear what y'all are doing with this wonderful motorcycle. Hey to "Mexican". View attachment 107276
Nice bike! With COVID-19 lockdowns not doing anything with my LC at the moment other than trying to fix things that are not broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,287 Posts
Welcome @RRRooster - I’m just envious of your super-tidy garage. No kids stuff, gardening gear, just-in-case-we-need-it stuff etc!

When you get a chance, click on your profile picture and edit your profile to add your bike model and your location. Both are useful context for future posts.

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum RRRooster,(y) there's plenty of room in that garage for more bikes. ;)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Is that a VFR in the back ground? I had a 1998 VFR. It was a fantastic bike; loved the sound of those gear driven cams. The riding position was became a bit too forward leaning for my deteriorating back, even with risers and Helibars. I sold the VFR to get my 2007 R1200R.

Funny story; the service manager at my local BMW dealer now owns my old VFR. He is setting it up as his track day bike.

Ride safe and stay healthy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'97 VFR750, last year with carbs. In '96 I owned a '96VFR750, In '97 I owned a '97 VFR750. In 2000 I owned a VFR800, had some overheating problems with that one. Love the VFR750. This one was a friend's who has passed away. He and I drove to San Francisco from San Diego in 2001 when he bought it on ebay. The 750 sounds awesome with Two Brother's can on it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also have 2016 R1200RS. Haven't had it very long. As for me... like the R much more than the RS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome RRRooster, hope you are here in Tulsa so we can get together and go riding once this mess is over with :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Enid,,,, i have a good 2 good friends there, one rides a Rocket, the other one rides a BMW but way too tall for me, you don't happen to know him, do you?:sneaky::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. The R has stayed in the garage apart from a few rides to the local hospital where I'm volunteering 3 days a week, fitting PPE to the front line NHS staff.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Enid,,,, i have a good 2 good friends there, one rides a Rocket, the other one rides a BMW but way too tall for me, you don't happen to know him, do you?:sneaky::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Lupe, Rudy in Enid here Are you on facebook? Send me a friend request.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts