BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi...my name is George and i live in NY state, i just bought a used 2007 R1200R from Hermy's BMW in Port Clinton PA. this will be my fourth BMW, although i currently only have two in the garage. my other bikes are a 2009 G650GS and a 2011 F650GS. i won't get the pick the R12R up for another week or so do to the weather here in the NE. i do all my own maintenance on my bikes and with this being my first R bike i thought this would be a good place to learn all about my new bike. i am a BMW MOA member, AMA member, BMW RA member and i am also a member of my local BMW club, the Westchester Beemers. i hope i can make some new friends here and if anyone is ever in the Westchester Co. NY area be sure to look me up.

George

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Hi Geige, welcome to the Forum. I live in Westchester and am always looking for riding buddies. I tried several times to hook up with Westchester Beeners; but no luck. If you would like to meet, send me a pm with your contact info.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Welcome aboard George. Glad to have you. Lots of members in the NY area. las rides his Classic pretty much year-round, when the roads aren't iced over.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Hey George what was your 3rd Beemer?

Welcome to the forum, I'm in NY too, far from Westchester, right in Brooklyn, I extend the invite for when you come down here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey George what was your 3rd Beemer?
the other BMW i had was a 2007 F650GS. i really like the single cyl GS's which is why i recently picked up a G650GS, although my daughter seems to think that bike is for her.....lol.

here is a pic of my 2011 F650GS.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Nice, it seems that you like to do some long trips, just judging from the saddlebags and top cases on all your bikes.

I invited LAS and everyone else who wants to come, and I'll let you know few months in advance, Every Saturday, I meet with some friends in NJ and we do a 200-300 mile ride, most of the time upstate, we come back and BBQ for a little and then everyone goes home.
I meet one friend right across the Lincoln tunnel 9:00am, and then we both ride to 124 Essex Street, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662, have some coffee and a bagel, and thsi is the same spot we'll come back.

So, whenever this horrible winter ends, I hope you join.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it seems that you like to do some long trips, just judging from the saddlebags and top cases on all your bikes.
yes i love long distance riding, in fact my motto is "i don't want to go fast, i want to go far"

i would love to join you for some rides and BBQ's this year. i have a ride/BBQ at my house every summer. when i have all the details and dates worked out i will let you know.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Nice, it seems that you like to do some long trips, just judging from the saddlebags and top cases on all your bikes.

I invited LAS and everyone else who wants to come, and I'll let you know few months in advance, Every Saturday, I meet with some friends in NJ and we do a 200-300 mile ride, most of the time upstate, we come back and BBQ for a little and then everyone goes home.
I meet one friend right across the Lincoln tunnel 9:00am, and then we both ride to 124 Essex Street, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662, have some coffee and a bagel, and thsi is the same spot we'll come back.

So, whenever this horrible winter ends, I hope you join.
I am looking forward to riding with you both.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
A-Plan

Isn't this Forum great!!! :)Finding new friends to ride with, enjoy BBQ, and share common interests. I just love it when a plan comes together. :clap:

I can't wait for spring weather to arrive!!!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Isn't this Forum great!!! :)Finding new friends to ride with, enjoy BBQ, and share common interests. I just love it when a plan comes together. :clap:

I can't wait for spring weather to arrive!!!
The dealership we all meet at has some bikes for rent, $50-$80 bucks depending on the bike for 4 hours. Just get your airplane ticket, I have extra gear at your disposal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts