BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering a 2nd bike (Harley scum w/ Street Glide) and looking at
R1200R as I am a short legged sob - or so I have been labelled by a good friend.

Looking at a 2009 w 61000 miles on it.
Owned by person I trust so no concerns about status as a good used bike. Question - is 61000 considered low or hi mileage ? I ride 12-18000 miles per year on long trips and would like to keep this bike for years.

Thanks for advice and input. Anything I should be aware of? Hard to know what you don't know.

Pico

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Yes, the bike is used by police and left running for days at a time, and easily goes into the 100k plus range. If the bike hasn't been damaged, and the engine was serviced according to guidelines and checks out an inspections, you could be riding it for years. You will want to look into the low seat if you like it closer to the ground.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, the bike is used by police and left running for days at a time, and easily goes into the 100k plus range. If the bike hasn't been damaged, and the engine was serviced according to guidelines and checks out an inspections, you could be riding it for years. You will want to look into the low seat if you like it closer to the ground.
:iagree: What he said.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
3rd what Dr, Dave and Dave said.

As long as you know the bike was taken care of, and of curse you take care of once you have it, you can ride that stuff for many many more miles and years.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
+4!!! Police use the R1200RT for a reason. The engine will go forever if serviced properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts