BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, used to GSA and recently 1250RT, but have just changed to the 1200R as its lighter / more nimble etc, liking it so far but need some help please.

I'm looking at getting a Touring screen for Europe trips, has anyone got or used the following : Vstream sport ( middle sized screen ) or Wunderlich Marathon, if yes how did you find these, I need to get the Wind / Noise reduced when travelling over 60mph.
I know !! i'm off an 1250RT which has great wind protection, but the bike is massive, the R is better sized and just needs a few tweeks to hopefully make brilliant.

Thanks in advance for any support / advice

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Any largish screen will reduce wind, but all will introduce turbulence/noise... i had a Vstream touring shield, cut it down to first spor-tour size, then sport size, then added a lip, and found that for anything other than long distance touring I prefer it naked.

With a quiet helmet, the clean air without a screen is much quieter than with any any screen that I know of. However, with a screen, it's easier to spend long days in the saddle at freeway speeds as long as good earvprotection is used.

Ps. Welcome to the R family!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies guy's.
Have decided to order the Vstream sport/touring screen ( the middle size ) as it looks like the best results, expensive, but if it works will be worth it !!! also ordered the VM bar risers, which bring bars up 35 and back 35, again good reviews, so here's hoping for good results.

Will post my findings once they arrive, estimated 7 days, although I think the Nav bolts for these are back ordered ???

·
Registered
2020 BMW r1250r - Pollux trim
14 Posts
Any largish screen will reduce wind, but all will introduce turbulence/noise... i had a Vstream touring shield, cut it down to first spor-tour size, then sport size, then added a lip, and found that for anything other than long distance touring I prefer it naked.

With a quiet helmet, the clean air without a screen is much quieter than with any any screen that I know of. However, with a screen, it's easier to spend long days in the saddle at freeway speeds as long as good earvprotection is used.

Ps. Welcome to the R family!
I second that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts