BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Shrapnell (well, nickname is).

I live in Belgium and ride a BMW R1200R Classic since November 2011.
I'm reaching the 15000km with the bike, and i only use it for leisure.

I ended up on your forum by searching on the good hints on where to position my gopro on the bike considering i don't want it to have the speed indicator in the vision, but we will come to that later.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome, nice to see multiple nationalities on the forum and to get varied perspectives.

Like you, I am considering buying a GoPro cam for the bike. I am thinking of installing the cam to the center of the handlebars and having it look just over my shield. I don't want to show my speedo as my wife will complain :)

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
GoPro mount

If you like the twisty stuff best, a lower mount works best for me. The lean angle and speed are both accentuated.
A high mount documents group rides better. The waterproof case muffles the engine and exhaust noise a lot. Using the open case, wind is too noisy over 100mph to redline. Don't post you speedo on YouTube, slap a Smiley:)Face sticker there.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Before you go go pro, check out the Drift Ghost HD. Superior in almost every way and easier to mount. To capture the sound on either, you will need a remote mike facing out of the the wind stream. I have a drift that I mount on the side of my helmet. ( I do want my speedo/ tack and hands in the videos). I also can mount it anywhere that there is a flat surface or a bar to grab. On the pillion footrest looking back is interesting. With the Drift remote, you can view what you will see on the video on a smart phone mounted to the bars in front. If you get th Wunderlich multi pod, all you need is a to find a bolt on the bike where you want the camera mounted. Install the multi pod on the bolt and install the camera on the multi pod. I mounted a Drift to the windscreen this way. The camera is out in front of the screen- no tach/ speedo etc. indeed you don't even see the bike.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Before you go go pro, check out the Drift Ghost HD. Superior in almost every way and easier to mount. To capture the sound on either, you will need a remote mike facing out of the the wind stream. I have a drift that I mount on the side of my helmet. ( I do want my speedo/ tack and hands in the videos). I also can mount it anywhere that there is a flat surface or a bar to grab. On the pillion footrest looking back is interesting. With the Drift remote, you can view what you will see on the video on a smart phone mounted to the bars in front. If you get th Wunderlich multi pod, all you need is a to find a bolt on the bike where you want the camera mounted. Install the multi pod on the bolt and install the camera on the multi pod. I mounted a Drift to the windscreen this way. The camera is out in front of the screen- no tach/ speedo etc. indeed you don't even see the bike.
It seems cool but it is also $100 more than the GoPro Silver edition cam and that comes with a waterproof housing whereas the Drift is only water proof to 9ft. The waterpoof housing for the Drift is not yet available and will be an extra charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts