BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Happy New Year. I’m Alex and I live down in sunny Bournemouth, UK.

I’ve previously owned an R1150R which I spent 5 happy years commuting and touring round Europe on. For years I regretted selling the R11R but have decided to take the plunge and buy a pre-2015 R12R.
What with the COVID lockdown it’s hardly the easiest time to buy but needs must!
If there’s any one out there that knows of a black or grey R12R (standard or classic) for sale please message me. Heated grips and ABS are a must, panniers desirable and under 25k miles.
Looking forward to being back on the road with a boxer engine and telelever front end!

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,848 Posts
Welcome, and good luck, FoxRed!
If it were me, I’d be looking at the 2010-14 era, with the updated (camhead) engine.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search. If you liked the R1150R you'll like the R1200R. I have both and would say they are very similar, the 1200 has the edge on performance but the 1150 has the looks.

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,655 Posts
Welcome to the forum FoxRed. (y)

·
Dave in NE TN
979 Posts
Welcome FoxRed and good luck in your search. I'll second the recommendation for a second-generation '11-'14 Camhead over a first-gen '07-'10 Hexhead (Brit model year changes may be slightly different than US) - there are some nice changes that make for an incrementally but noticeably better overall motorbike. Whichever you choose, you'll find the R1200R lighter, faster and more advanced than your R1150R.

Best and Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
55 Posts
Welcome from not so sunny at the moment Florida. Good luck and safe rides.🛣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts