BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Cool. Literally. And welcome! How much riding to you get to do up there? :)

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Greetings. I think everyone here would agree you have an excellent bike.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Wow! Some guys in warmer climates buy new bikes and average less than that. Good to have another cold-weather masochist among us.:devil2:

Borrowed this one from Hoshiko, but he won't mind. Can you relate?:001_tongue:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow! Some guys in warmer climates buy new bikes and average less than that. Good to have another cold-weather masochist among us.:devil2:
Borrowed this one from Hoshiko, but he won't mind. Can you relate?:001_tongue:

Hey, it's not THAT cold in Ontario! +12 Celsius tomorrow. I usually ride from late March to mid-October, and I'm not that far from Innisfil (they get more snow than I do, however :))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We Canadians are a hardy bunch. This is my first bike with heated grips. Wish I had them 35yrs ago, when my only all year vehicle was a 400 Husky enduro.
Now, with the Hannigan fairing, Aerostich suit, my riding season is Mid march to mid November, depending on snow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We Canadians are a hardy bunch. This is my first bike with heated grips. Wish I had them 35yrs ago, when my only all year vehicle was a 400 Husky enduro.
Now, with the Hannigan fairing, Aerostich suit, my riding season is Mid march to mid November, depending on snow.
Hi to you too! Just joined as well. Even more snow here in Ottawa. Yep, best bike ever. Bought mine from a fellow who was selling the Beemer to buy ( no I am not kidding) a Vespa. Easier to get around town on I guess?!

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
As long as you're not in a hurry the 12R gets around town fairly easily, although if all you do is ride in town the 1200 engine would be a bit of a waste.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Vespa

Hi to you too! Just joined as well. Even more snow here in Ottawa. Yep, best bike ever. Bought mine from a fellow who was selling the Beemer to buy ( no I am not kidding) a Vespa. Easier to get around town on I guess?!

In the late 70's I had a two stroke 200CC Vespa living in NO. California. I rode it more miles in the two years I owned it than any other of my 30+ bikes. Certainly a lot was city commute and crossing the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges, but I also had many trips up and down the PCH. Top speed 70 mile per hour, yet in the twisties I kept up with them all. A blast, just rebuild every 15-20K miles.

Best investment in rolling stock ever, too! I sold it for what I paid after getting my total purchase price plus 20% when a car backed into it and their insurance paid for every scratched piece of metal and nicked plastic. I spent $20 on essential and brush painted over the rest with paints just laying around.

A plastic milk carton served for the top box. nothing but a class act. I shouldn't have sold the scooter with the carton, it might have come in handy with the delivery of my 1200R later this week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lived in Ottawa for a few years. Great riding there. I bought my 2010 R new, Dec 2011. got a great deal, and they took my Buell 1125R as a trade. Could not sell the beast! Should have bought a BMW years ago. Always had sport bikes, except for a 1975 Goldwing, and mostly dirt/enduro in my youth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts