BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my firat BMW a couple weeks ago. 2007 R1200r. I have test road a couple BMW's owned by friends, R100 and a K75. Of the two preferred the R100. Found this one at a atv and dirtbike dealer. It was a trade in. Only 18,855 miles, has the side bags, brush guards and smallish wind acreen. Would like to find a topcase as I carry a rather large back pack, too big for side bag, to work and the hour and a half ride in gets tiring on my shoulders. So far my only options seem to be the outrageously priced Givi stuff. Have almost 600 miles on her so far and absolutly loving it. Added a seat cushion as I seem to continually slide forward into a rather uncomfortable situation. It has worked very well. Plus gave me a little height that placed my legs in a more comfortable position. I am 6'4" and am actually able to sit in the passenger seat for short periods to stretch my legs. At any rate I look forward to making her my own and this looks like a good source of information.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome aboard TiM, you'll grow to really love your newest steed. Keep an eye on the classifieds on here, luggage does come up from time to time. Lot's of good info' on here to keep your new ride in top shape.

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Welcome @Texinmaine. Post a photo so we know what the bike looks like. 👍

Have you looked at the Shad range - a little cheaper, although check the payload suits. Givi Monokey range has good load capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum and BMW ownership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts