BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All
Well I did it. Added a R1200R to my stable. I am a MSF Rider Coach and have been teaching for 10+ years. Been riding bikes since I the late 50's and BMW's since early 70's. Still have the first Air Head I bought new, a R90S complete with antique tags. Last year replaced an RT with the K1600GTL and love the bike. Having said that I wanted a lighter bike for teaching and general town use so I settled on the R1200R and love the bike. Have a Harley Road King. Use it also for teaching advance students who claim a Harley will not do the course.

Looking forward to reading post and taping into the wealth of knowledge I am sure is on this forum.

Premium Member
Greetings Lou.

you have some nice bikes there, all work related, of course. :drool:

Registered
Welcome

Premium Member
Welcome

Great to have you with us, Lou. Look forward to getting to know you.

Premium Member
Have a Harley Road King. Use it also for teaching advance students who claim a Harley will not do the course.
/QUOTE]

Don't you love how people in general blame things they can or can't do to their bikes?
I experienced a 12 year old on a 250 kicked my as at the track. Then I kicked R1s and super sport bikers on the R.

Welcome BTW, where in SC are you located? I lived in Charleston for 8 months.

Registered
where in SC? Coming up to Greenville in May for some mountain R&R.

Always fun to watch someone like Motorman Jerry Paladino take a Honda Rune through those cones. I practiced like a madman on my VTX and got pretty good at it, but nothing like you pros.

Welcome!

Bob

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. What I am really enjoying about the R1200 is the simplistic approach BMW has taken. No frills, bells or whistles; just basic bike. The bike really does remind me of my air heads and the pleasure of the ride. I have a set of bags and cylinder protectors ordered for the bike and should be in sometime today. Debating on getting a windshield. If I do it will be the sport BMW shield. Do not want to turn this bike into a luxo touring bike but keep it simple. I do like the BMW bags because when you remove the bags there is no large rack left.

As to my location in SC. I live on James Island just across the Charleston Harbor. The home of Fort Johnson, a battery the shelled Fort Sumter during the War OF Northern Aggression. :001_tt2:

Again looking forward to the friendship and knowledge of fellow BMW riders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts