BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Welcome Mr Yeti, although it looks like a typo has robbed you of 85 cc (it's clearly an R1200R, engine capacity 1170 cc). 😉

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,588 Posts
Welcome to the forum TFY. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum and BMWs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Twins! And almost even to the mileage.
The guy who had it before me took very good care of it. Still learning about the quirks of the bike. Took it for a ride today and had to ride slow due to downed trees and debris. When I got home it was pinging a little bit, but the oil temp looked good. I have owned lots of air and air/oil cooled bikes, so I am not worried about the pinging.

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Welcome TFY, to one of the finest motorbikes and forums on the innerwebz - yes biased but not hyperbole.

Having owned one of each, I recommend you give the R12R and this forum a little time before you move forward on a R9T - both great bikes, but the R12R is an excellent Swiss Army Knife jack of all trades, while the RNineTs for all their goodness each fit more of a specialized demographic.

Questions? Search the forum and ask away.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome TFY, to one of the finest motorbikes and forums on the innerwebz - yes biased but not hyperbole.

Having owned one of each, I recommend you give the R12R and this forum a little time before you move forward on a R9T - both great bikes, but the R12R is an excellent Swiss Army Knife jack of all trades, while the RNineTs for all their goodness each fit more of a specialized demographic.

Questions? Search the forum and ask away.

Cheers, Dave
Thanks for the advice. Most of my rides are less than 100 miles on rural roads with occasional trip on the interstate to New Orleans. I really like the versatile nature of the R1200R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts