BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

My first post and a general shout out to all of you riding these beautiful bikes. Like a number of others I see here, I am awaiting the availability of the 90th Anniversary special - I think all the R1200R's are pretty special but the planets are starting to align for me to pick one up at about the time of this particular release - I also like the combo of basic black and the solid (non-spoked) wheels. I do like the look of the spoked wheels but my current ride (Triumph Bonneville) has them and they're a bugger to keep clean. Anyway, I'm sure I'll learn lots from those that have gone before me and look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Cheers

Double Shot (my caffeine addiction showing!)

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Welcome DS! Collectively we are a fount of information; individually, well, we have our moments. Congratulations on the bike! You will like it as well or better than you imagine.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Greetings, The R1200R seems a very popular bike down under. You'll love it.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I also like the combo of basic black and the solid (non-spoked) wheels. I do like the look of the spoked wheels but my current ride (Triumph Bonneville) has them and they're a bugger to keep clean.

First welcome,
Now, I think the "solid" wheels look better any day, but if you really like the spoked, just get the classic and don't worry about cleaning them, Beemers are made to ride, otherwise buy a harley. :p:p

Cheers and

Quadruple Shot and a beer (my alcoholism showing!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts