BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
if you’re talking seriously quick you want the ‘big daddy ‘ s1000rr mines was 204 bhp and weighed196 kilos - 0- 116 in first gear before the limiter and it would accelerate from 150 mph as hard as most sports bikes can do at about 70 mph so you really had to hold on and concentrate on it or trouble came calling really quickly
Not in the least bit interested. In terms of riding on the road litre sportsbikes are irrelevant. I think that is why nakeds have become so popular, but now they too, as they all head towards having 200bhp are in danger of becoming irrelevant.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not in the least bit interested. In terms of riding on the road litre sportsbikes are irrelevant. I think that is why nakeds have become so popular, but now they too, as they all head towards having 200bhp are in danger of becoming irrelevant.
Yes was only using it for overtaking power comparison , turning point for me was BMWs own slogan - make your world bigger - I ditched the s1000rr for a gs and instead of going to tyndrum and back at hyper speed or a week flying around the Nurburgring ( my summer hols ) I saw more places and more countries in 2 years than I had saw since starting biking on the road in 1975 - and so opened up a whole new kind of biking for me . I’m really looking forward to seeing places on my r1250 r if we ever get allowed out again - 👎👎👎👎👎👎

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Yes was only using it for overtaking power comparison , turning point for me was BMWs own slogan - make your world bigger - I ditched the s1000rr for a gs and instead of going to tyndrum and back at hyper speed or a week flying around the Nurburgring ( my summer hols ) I saw more places and more countries in 2 years than I had saw since starting biking on the road in 1975 - and so opened up a whole new kind of biking for me . I’m really looking forward to seeing places on my r1250 r if we ever get allowed out again - 👎👎👎👎👎👎

I just wish there were more – fun do it all bikes on the market. The market is so geared up for the Sunny Sunday biker. Bike reviews are all geared towards that market. For example - lots of reviewers are commenting on the New Triumph Trident being a great day to day practicable bike – umm well no it is not, there is nowhere to bolt on any luggage and also that stubby rear end will leave you covered in crap every time it rains.

Talking of rain – if there is a chance of a couple of drops of rain, or if the roads are damp in the morning, there might be my bike and a couple of others sitting outside at work. A warm sunny summers day and I can struggle to find somewhere to park for all the other bikes.

I’ve sat on a GS. That’s it. Maybe I should take one out, but just sitting on the thing, well I just wanted to get straight off it and try something else for size.

I still have my 2004 FZS1000. Talk about a bike that could do everything. Not many options today.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just wish there were more – fun do it all bikes on the market. The market is so geared up for the Sunny Sunday biker. Bike reviews are all geared towards that market. For example - lots of reviewers are commenting on the New Triumph Trident being a great day to day practicable bike – umm well no it is not, there is nowhere to bolt on any luggage and also that stubby rear end will leave you covered in crap every time it rains.

Talking of rain – if there is a chance of a couple of drops of rain, or if the roads are damp in the morning, there might be my bike and a couple of others sitting outside at work. A warm sunny summers day and I can struggle to find somewhere to park for all the other bikes.

I’ve sat on a GS. That’s it. Maybe I should take one out, but just sitting on the thing, well I just wanted to get straight off it and try something else for size.

I still have my 2004 FZS1000. Talk about a bike that could do everything. Not many options today.
Yes Gareth I know what u mean , I think the new Yamaha 900gt looks like one of those but not much else around really eh . Well I thought that about the gs it is a behemoth when u first sit on it and the height / weight / bulk can be a bit intimidating but that is a bike that can and does everything too , it can scratch once u get used to the sort of vague front end feel , can tour loaded up , run to the shops , there is a video on you tube from a motorrad show showing a guy doing a balance test with a gs , I have done it with my normal one and my low chassis one and it is really amazing ! . To see this 249 kg ( unladen ) monster balancing by itself is a real shocker , and another bonus of the gs is they meant to be dirty and wet lol

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Yes Gareth I know what u mean , I think the new Yamaha 900gt looks like one of those but not much else around really eh . Well I thought that about the gs it is a behemoth when u first sit on it and the height / weight / bulk can be a bit intimidating but that is a bike that can and does everything too , it can scratch once u get used to the sort of vague front end feel , can tour loaded up , run to the shops , there is a video on you tube from a motorrad show showing a guy doing a balance test with a gs , I have done it with my normal one and my low chassis one and it is really amazing ! . To see this 249 kg ( unladen ) monster balancing by itself is a real shocker , and another bonus of the gs is they meant to be dirty and wet lol
I might have bought the MT10 if it wasn’t for its extreme thirst. It is one of the few hyper nakeds that is practicable. It has an easy-going riding position and you can stick a full set of hard luggage on it if you want. I’m glad I didn’t though, it is a bit too aggressive and the poor range would hve driven me nuts or worse.

I'm well happy with the Beemer though.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
273 Posts
I might have bought the MT10 if it wasn’t for its extreme thirst. It is one of the few hyper nakeds that is practicable. It has an easy-going riding position and you can stick a full set of hard luggage on it if you want. I’m glad I didn’t though, it is a bit too aggressive and the poor range would hve driven me nuts or worse.

I'm well happy with the Beemer though.
I looked at the MT10, too, when I was shopping and had it as a contender. Ultimately, though, I couldn’t get past the front end appearance and the short range. But you’re right, the ergonomics were great, very comfortable and similar to the R.

·
Premium Member
Honda NC750X up for sale.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Viewed 2015 65 REG R1200R sport in white with 7134miles on the clock. £7500 ABS, OBC, TPS, Heated greaps, Rider modes, MRA Screen & Gear shift assist. Offered fair price in px for mine bike. Mint looking condition. Big decision time now.

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Viewed 2015 65 REG R1200R sport in white with 7134miles on the clock. £7500 ABS, OBC, TPS, Heated greaps, Rider modes, MRA Screen & Gear shift assist. Offered fair price in px for mine bike. Mint looking condition. Big decision time now.
I think I can see that one on e bay M8B. It looks sweet. Very tidy. Very low miles. No ESA – just depends what your view on that is – ESA is nice, but no ESA is less to go wrong.

Take it out for a spin.

Plenty of bikes out there too.

I can see an R1250R for under 10k not far I think from where that one is – has two years BMW warranty on it.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I think I can see that one on e bay M8B. It looks sweet. Very tidy. Very low miles. No ESA – just depends what your view on that is – ESA is nice, but no ESA is less to go wrong.

Take it out for a spin.

Plenty of bikes out there too.

I can see an R1250R for under 10k not far I think from where that one is – has two years BMW warranty on it.
Just what im looking for. The bike is mint. Had quick chat with them about servicing and looking after BMW. Been passing this bike shop on my way to work for 8 yrs. Never new they felt with and serviced BMW motorbikes. Not quite got enough pay cash just yet. If still there in 4 weeks i will buy.

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
You could stick a deposit on it. It does look nice, and if the deal is right for you.....

·
Registered
436 Posts
This time of year, and with the C-19 issue, financing part of it for a short term might be:
1) extremely cheap
2) a way to build a better credit rating
3) prevent missing the deal.

Might be worth talking to the dealer and see what rate they can give you, or, if you can afford more than 50%, use the bike as collateral for a really cheap loan from your banking institution...

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Before could sell my NC750X privately need the last service stamp. Popped in to get it stamped. Landed up buying BMW R1200R 2017 in red 5358 miles on the clock. It the base model with Akrapovic exhaust puls BMW Motorrad HP rear sets and levers. Been using same dealer for years. Gave me big discount :). Collect in two weeks.

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Before could sell my NC750X privately need the last service stamp. Popped in to get it stamped. Landed up buying BMW R1200R 2017 in red 5358 miles on the clock. It the base model with Akrapovic exhaust puls BMW Motorrad HP rear sets and levers. Been using same dealer for years. Gave me big discount :). Collect in two weeks.
Yup I think I see that one too. Looks spotless. Nice one.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The seat was low even for me? Been offered it for £8000. Bit more than was going to spend. My bike being sold privately to day. So have better bargaining postion on price now. They have 2017 Exclusive with12k on the clock cheaper. Has the ESA on it.Not sure if i want or need ESA. Scared of the cost if it goes wrong for repairs.

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
The seat was low even for me?
There is a low seat, standard seat and sports seat options. Low is 60mm lower, sports 20mm higher than standard. I sat on R1250RS that had the low seat option in the showroom and found it very odd.

Has the ESA on it. Not sure if i want or need ESA. Scared of the cost if it goes wrong for repairs.
Interesting comment. Many believe what the dealers tell them – that only bikes with all the bells and whistles will hold any value – but a few years down the line used purchasers might be trying to avoid some of those bells and whistles.

Anyway congratulations, that a nice clean looking machine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The seat on that red one looks like a Low to me. Congrats! It's a beautiful color! What model year did you end up getting?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The seat on that red one looks like a Low to me. Congrats! It's a beautiful color! What model year did you end up getting?
Its 2017 5358 miles on the clock, Base model with few extras.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
seat was low even for me
Any prospect of the dealer swapping the seat with the other bike on the floor? It does look like the low seat option.

Reactions: M8B
21 - 40 of 48 Posts