BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda NC750X up for sale.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
They are both the same. Im only 5'6" so will be fine for now.
Deal check for me its a low seat. Have Bought standard seat off flea bay ( new seat removed for low one lol ) Getting the bike first week in March.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
Love that color, looks good with the silver forks. I am imagining that body work with the red frame, but sadly BMW ain't Italian. I bet you find the standard seat a lot more comfortable. You will certainly enjoy the upgrade from the NC750X! Not to disparage that bikes many fine qualities.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats M8B, you are in for some seriously enjoyable two-wheeled time. Keep us posted on your thoughts on the latest addition to your fleet after a few weeks seat time. And welcome to this august forum Sir! Enjoy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome M8B. I still can't believe the speed this bike gets up to on normal overtakes. It's only when I look at the App to check the route I followed and I say to myself "no way was I doing that speed when I went past that HGV!". That is why I think this is the safest bike I have had, overtakes are completed with ease as the power is there at any speed and practically any gear.
PS Gareth, I am sure it was my bike you would have had your test ride on, if it was DP you were at?
Welcome M8B. I still can't believe the speed this bike gets up to on normal overtakes. It's only when I look at the App to check the route I followed and I say to myself "no way was I doing that speed when I went past that HGV!". That is why I think this is the safest bike I have had, overtakes are completed with ease as the power is there at any speed and practically any gear.
PS Gareth, I am sure it was my bike you would have had your test ride on, if it was DP you were at?
IMO Torque is more useful than BHP. BHP is just talk.

Reactions: M8B

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Had my first ride on Friday. Went up the Yorkshire Dales. Fantastic machine. More than happy. Just need to sort my satnav set up, small tank bag and rear hugger. More than enough power/torque. In comparison to my last bike (NC750X) its a rocket ship lol

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
Reactions: M8B

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Dont read to much into figures. Just ride a bike see how it feels to me. The R1200R is fantastic.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts