BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bike looks great. Hey, where do you live? I live in El Paso, but ride in NM all the time, as there's nothing worth riding here. Broke the bike in at Cloudcroft/Sunspot/Timberon, then finished (on a 2nd trip) in Gila (Hillsboro, Emory Pass, San Lorenzo, and back). Have been to Taos, Tres Piedras, Tierra Amarilla, etc, so not sure where exactly you call home. But any 7K' mountain place is awesome. Ha ha. My brother has a cabin in Ruidoso, but not that many nice roads there that I've seen, but 244 from Cloudcroft to Hwy 70 has a couple of nice twisty areas too. Glad you're enjoying your bike. I'm just starting with mine, also a leftover 2020 HP. Take care.

Reactions: Crw34

·
Registered
326 Posts
I live in the mountains east of Albuquerque. Sandia Crest road on a weekday morning is a favorite run
Forgot about that one; did it recently by car, and didn't quite enjoy the ultra tight hairpins. Ha ha. But it should be a lot more enjoyable on a bike. I'd do it, and continue on 165 until Palomas Peak, and head back. Then go to Madrid for lunch :). Can't wait to give that road a try on the R :). I want to make it there early next year, once I have my trailer (I should have it by December, since it just arrived). I'd like to give those roads a shot, then head to northern NM the next day, so the trip is worth it. Ha ha. I'd leave the SUV and trailer at a safe motel somewhere there. Oh, and I remember some awesome twisties across I-40 from where you are (Tijeras, maybe?), where the Triumph dealer does test rides. They were like 2 or 3 miles, bu well worth it. Take care.

Reactions: Crw34
1 - 2 of 2 Posts