BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Just signed on to this forum, been lurking for some time now.
My name is Tom, I have been a motorcyclist since 1972 and had many bikes, but always had a eye for the beemers. In 2001 my lovely wife allowed me to buy a newly released R1150R for our 15Th wedding anniversary, and I put 36k miles on it. Then in 2007 I took an unplanned test ride on a newly released R1200R and I traded the 1150 for it on the spot. Now that I have put 42k miles on the 1200 I am looking forward to the next generation roadster. I have been scouring the net looking for any new info on the impending wet head roadster.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Hey ACPANTERA, welcome to the forum, I have not enjoyed the 1150 nor the 2007 1200, but I'm sure based on your experience, that the new(er) machine is upgraded from the 2007 just as much as the 1150-1200 jumped.

Do what you already know works, take an """""unplanned"""" ride on a 2013, make sure you have everything you want to take from you 2007 bike off, and bring your check book.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
New wet-head

Greetings Acpantera. Always a pleasure to meet another die-hard Roadster fan. I have a silver 1150 that I am still quite fond of, although the 1200 does everything better. I share your keen interest in the wet-head engine design, and look forward to riding one as soon as I have the opportunity. Guess we'll have to be satisfied with the GS press releases for the time being. Ahhh.....Good things come to those who are patient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts